Suspicious Email

Received this email the other day, didn't understand it, but when I clicked on the email, it obviously wasn't the pokerforum.ca site, I mean it looked like it, but it was designed to grab your pokerforum.ca username and password. Just thought I'll give a headsup to you guys. Not sure if this was the right forum to post this in though. Here's how the email looked like.

eli reshef <nhehdwrch@gmail.com>
Nov 27 (5 days ago)

to me
Hey i saw your post here at pokerforum.ca :

Poker Forum Canada - The Largest Canadian Poker Forums

If it still relevant please email m and will start share details :) .
Regards.
MIckey.

Comments

• thanks for posting this.. I've seen these before..
  • So, is he the beneficiary of untold riches, or just eligible for a Russian mail order bride?
  • I do note that the link you posted is pokerforum. Is the one in the email different?
  • I got the same type of email

Hey we chat in pm at pokerforum.ca :
    further this post :

http://pokerforum.ca/f86-t8-Regularpost-thread-31105.htm

Email me back please if its still stand :)

Regards.

MIckey.
  • Bloody idiot sent me this as well. Why do we not have privacy of our personal info here ? What are the board owners doing to remedy this situation ?

Hey , further your post at pokerforum.ca ...
    Reply ▼
    Delete More ▼

Wed
    eli reshef
    Hide details
    To: <
    Subject: Hey , further your post at pokerforum.ca ...
    Date: Wed 11/27/13 11:38 PM
    Hey we talk in pm at pokerforum.ca :
    further this post :

Poker Forum Canada - The Largest Canadian Poker Forums

If it still relevant please email m and will start share details :) .
    Regards.
    MIckey.
    Reply ▼
    Delete More ▼
  • Could someone who's received these emails please forward them to:

admin ..at.. this site domain

and please post in this thread when you have done so? Thanks.

I have sent a pm to Scoops regarding this.
  • Are these emails you are getting or just Visitor messages left on your profile page?

No one is giving out your personal info so keep your powder dry. If you do post your personal email anywhere on a public site, which this is, your email can be harvested many different ways. That's why we always suggest not posting it publically, but like Bill suggested, if you do get an email to your own email address then forward it to admin.
  • Not sure the point of this email I received as the link goes to the PF site but ends there...I think.
  • It actually doesn't go to the pokerforum.ca site, if u hover over the link in the email, it's something like pokerforum.cahoola.com or something like that, and they setup the login form so it looks like the pokerforum.ca. That way when you enter your username and password, they grab that info
  • Did anyone bother to forward the email to:

so that Scoops can address this?
  • Did anyone bother to forward the email to:

so that Scoops can address this?

EXACTLY, if no one helps out then no excuses... Neither of us have received this email and the links left on visitor pages is actually the pokerforum website.