what would you do ?

Ok so I think the Villan is a weak player - saw him play some really odd hands during this game - I try to protect my blind a little...

I used up my time bank thinking this one out..

PokerStars Hand #88755963095: Tournament #639015646, $6.45+$0.55 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level III (25/50) - 2012/11/04 23:33:56 ET
Table '639015646 1' 9-max Seat #5 is the button
Seat 1: alishka777 (3875 in chips)
Seat 2: fedor333333 (1385 in chips)
Seat 3: maknate (1315 in chips)
Seat 4: neoquebec2 (1150 in chips)
Seat 5: pamela157 (1755 in chips)
Seat 6: plato playo (1520 in chips)
Seat 8: theyavvy (1105 in chips)
Seat 9: 007fertil (1395 in chips)
plato playo: posts small blind 25
theyavvy: posts big blind 50
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to theyavvy [Ah 8s]
007fertil: calls 50
alishka777: folds
fedor333333: folds
maknate: folds
neoquebec2: folds
pamela157: folds
plato playo: folds
theyavvy: raises 100 to 150
007fertil: calls 100
*** FLOP *** [Ad 8h Jd]
theyavvy: bets 100
007fertil: raises 1145 to 1245 and is all-in
.....don don don...

Comments

• As played I guess we have to put it in and be happy about it, we're only realistically worried about AJ and if he's shoving that he's crazy weak

Also, I'm not really sure how that raise out of position is protecting your blind, you're kind of bloating the pot out of position for the times you hit marginally, if his range is really decent suited cards , broadway and decent suited aces I feel like you're gonna get outplayed a lot

edit: I just looked back at the sizing, you bet 100 into 350 and he shoved for 1200 which makes his shove less than potsized, I'd say it's a snap call then
  • The raise pre-flop is unneccessary, a limper is not folding to a 3x BB raise from the BB. No need to risk more than you have to. Betting on the flop is fine and once he jams we are always calling with two pair.
  • I agree with DJ, "call", if he has A J, or a set you just got unlucky. You still have 2 cards to come though, and it being pokerstars, you never know!
  • I agree with DJ, "call", if he has A J, or a set you just got unlucky. You still have 2 cards to come though, and it being poker, you never know!

FYP. Online or live, if there are cards to come, you can still lose.
  • Thanks for the advice - I guess If I really wanted to protect the blind I should have pumped x5 or more ? but then its not really worth it at that point. Which has me wondering about how to protect a BB and should I even bother ?

The hand played out like you all said - I called his shove and won. Tho I had to hold my breath as he was chasing the flush. Very happy he wasnt holding a J :)

theyavvy: calls 855 and is all-in
    Uncalled bet (290) returned to 007fertil
    *** TURN *** [Ad 8h Jd] [Jc]
    *** RIVER *** [Ad 8h Jd Jc] [2c]
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    theyavvy: shows [Ah 8s] (two pair, Aces and Jacks)
    007fertil: shows [9d 5d] (a pair of Jacks)
    theyavvy collected 2235 from pot
  • Brief reading of this, but...

Not sure if I consider raising "Defending my blinds", but more "Punishing the limpers". There's a different mindset there, offense vs. defense IMO.

As for the flop play, I don't quite see how you'd even have to think about this, you have unsuited and unconnected cards. You can't hit straights / flushes on the flop, so what more were you hoping to hit? It's a no brainer.

Mark
  • I wasn't looking to hit anything else - cept maybe another 8 :)
    I was trying to decide if I was in the lead or not what would make this guy Push all in all of a sudden when he limped pre .. Seems like strange play. I decided he had a jack and maybe a 10 to with and I didn't put him on the flush draw at all but in retrospect I guess it makes more sense.

A discussion for another day but i think i need to do some research about playing from the BB
  • God the range is huge there, but you're still ahead / flipping with much of it.

Ax (x>=10), 9T, KT, QT, xdxd, and any combination therein. It's a $7 game, so they're not great players. Sure sometimes you're against AJ / set, but I call all day.

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    It's a $7 game, so they're not great players.

Problem is I'm one of the not great players , So I guess htis is a more complicated decision for me
  • i find your undertitle offensive sir :-\
  • shut the F...ront door
  • costanza wrote: »
    reported.

You've really gotten soft since you moved out there.

You're so damn sensitive now.
  • You've really gotten soft since you moved out there.

You're so damn sensitive now.

Reported as well. :-\

:laugh:
  • costanza wrote: »
    reported.
    costanza wrote: »
    Reported as well. :-\

Not to me..

and if you reported to Scoops a permaban is more likely...
  • compuease wrote: »
    Not to me..

and if you reported to Scoops a permaban is more likely...

where does being permabanned come from?

whatisthisidonteven.jpg
  • spiderman.jpg