I tanked and folded

was I wrong?

4 left out of 55. sitting in 2nd

Seat 4: slayyyer (12,789.00 in chips)
Seat 5: Vilas9 (11,299.00 in chips)
Seat 10: KILL4CHIPS (58,775.00 in chips)
Seat 1: toecutttr (27,137.00 in chips)

KILL4CHIPS: Ante 100.00
toecutttr: Ante 100.00
slayyyer: Ante 100.00
Vilas9: Ante 100.00
KILL4CHIPS: SB 400.00
toecutttr: BB 800.00
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to toecutttr :3d:9d
slayyyer: Raise To 1,600.00
Vilas9: Fold
KILL4CHIPS: Fold
toecutttr: Call 800.00
*** FLOP *** :3c:kd:10d
toecutttr: Check
slayyyer: Bet 4,000.00
toecutttr: Fold

I finished 2nd. 2 coolers HU

Comments

• fold pre

Don't defend 39s in the BB sir
  • range has to open up 4 handed. I rarely fold to a min when I have chips to spare
  • Pair and a flush draw, doesn't get much better. Ship it.
  • no offense but this is horrible on so many levels. You play a retarded hand out of position and won't continue on a flop you smash? if you call wide pre and fold wide post you're just the juiciest opponent for the big stack to play against...ever
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    you're just the juiciest opponent for the big stack to play against...ever

well, I never claimed to be good or profitable
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    no offense but this is horrible on so many levels. You play a retarded hand out of position and won't continue on a flop you smash? if you call wide pre and fold wide post you're just the juiciest opponent for the big stack to play against...ever

not all players are at your level, why not use this as a teachable moment and teach instead of the bad mouth sarcasm. Why don't you post a hand and I will tell that you played it wrong!

It comments like this that make the board a place that doesn't need to be in the top 5 sites to visit each day. Grow up!

Prophet22
  • not all players are at your level, why not use this as a teachable moment and teach instead of the bad mouth sarcasm. Why don't you post a hand and I will tell that you played it wrong!

It comments like this that make the board a place that doesn't need to be in the top 5 sites to visit each day. Grow up!

Prophet22

that's harsh, but in my response did kind of cover the major considerations, sure at the flop we can say icm this tournament life that but I think it was pretty clear that my view was fold pre here. I'm gonna use this term generously now but making marginal calls out of position is saying that you want to play marginal spots, we do ourselves a great disfavour (is that even a word?) by playing too marginal spots with major icm considerations
  • Muddguts wrote: »
    range has to open up 4 handed. I rarely fold to a min when I have chips to spare

Lol sick logic
  • not all players are at your level, why not use this as a teachable moment and teach instead of the bad mouth sarcasm. Why don't you post a hand and I will tell that you played it wrong!

Prophet22
    Richard~ wrote: »
    no offense but this is horrible on so many levels. You play a retarded hand out of position and won't continue on a flop you smash? if you call wide pre and fold wide post you're just the juiciest opponent for the big stack to play against...ever

Not sure why you are so opposed to this post Brent when it is an absolute bullseye. I don't see anything but the truth here. If Ed doesn't want to know the answer, he shouldn't ask the question.
  • I think implied tone was the issue.
  • Richard said "no offense" to start his reply

HE MEANT NO OFFENSE
  • for me the stack sizes is a factor to make me push on that flop.
  • costanza wrote: »
    Richard said "no offense" to start his reply

HE MEANT NO OFFENSE

I doubt it! Seen it to many time!
  • Folding is by far the worst option here...but I suppose tank folding>snap folding:)

Payout structure?
  • I doubt it! Seen it to many time!

From Richard? Nah, his "tone" wasn't like anything different we see here everyday, and coming from Richard...meh, hardly meant anything...and to a reg. poster who knows him...it's very meh.

He is bang on the mark, it took me forever to learn this as well....but yeah, as played...what more do you want from a flop?
  • So, what you have to do is assign him a range and then look at your odds vs that range and figure out what your best line is based on that and on his previous play...what hands do you put him on here as a start?
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    Payout structure?

$179
    $115
    $82
    and 40 something I believe.

I hate to see bickering going on and I do appreciate both the support/defense as well as the opinions. I hate to see ridicule in the form of help/input as in Richard's reply but my game is probably average or just below IMO so I'm not going to get too uptight about responses like that and just look for the important stuff in it.

The min raise call in my BB late in a game is definitely a leak that I have. My thoughts in this hand were, "I have 50% of that in the middle already. I am suited. I am 2nd in chips and can afford it". I was basically just looking for a better flop. 2p, top pair, trips, flopped flush etc. I was taken off guard by bottom pair and a so-so flush draw. As I said in another post, I'm not very profitable, so the call/fold just came down to risking a drop down the pay ladder if I lost and then went out in 4th.

Again, thanks for the input, that's why I posted...
  • You're flipping the top of his range.

I cant fold here.

Also agree with Richard. If youre calling pre, how much better a flop are you looking for?
  • I agree with the guys and if you are opening up your range of hands pre you should also be opening up your range post - 1P with 42F is worth a decent push there I would have bet 100% of the pot if it was my action or I would have raised his 4K to 10K but also it would have helped your hand image if you had a bit of a raise pre...

As a new guy here and not knowing the personalities involved I can't tell who is being a fucknuckle and who is being a solid goodguy telling you like it is (and yes there is a significant difference IMO)

Nice win BTW