Good TV Shows You May Not Know

Comments

• Wetts1012 wrote: »
    Looks like another good one on HBO, called "girls"
    jdAA88 wrote: »
    yeah I watch this with my gf, and I like it lol

+1, I was worried I was the only one.

I Also think Veep is very funny.
  • Veep is ok...I think moreso because there is nothing else to watch these days. I watched the first 6 episodes of Girls and think it's kind of meh...again, nothing else to watch lately.
  • SteveKerr wrote: »
    American Horror Story

That's one fucked up TV show! Just watched Season 1 online...Jessica Lange's character is downright spooky.
  • Saw an ad for the summer run of Suits, on showcase . . . I liked that show, though I remember little beyond the hawt female love/hate interest.
  • Hatfields and McCoys
  • kwsteve wrote: »
    Hatfields and McCoys

Looks good.

Also can't wait until The Newsroom hits. Aaron Sorkin is Midas imo. It still pains me that Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip lived such a short life.
  • Part one of the Hatfield's/McCoys was on again this afternoon . . . solid show.

• Also can't wait until The Newsroom hits. Aaron Sorkin is Midas imo.

Premiere just dropped.

Fucking A awesome imo. The opening sequence was an immaculate oratory on the actual state of the union. The rest of the show focussed on the media's role in getting it there.

This performance combined with Dumb and Dumber may make Jeff Daniels the greatest actor ever.

Aaron Sorkin strikes again.

EDIT: For those mildly interested, a link to the transcript of the opening sequence monologue.
    http://theriggs.tumblr.com/post/25829999353/jeff-daniels-monologue-from-the-newsroom

EDIT II: Added clip of said soliloquy. Enjoy while it lasts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YI7Oq8y-jXA
  • Watched it, will be back for #2. Thanks for the transcript!
  • Premiere just dropped.

Fucking A awesome imo. The opening sequence was an immaculate oratory on the actual state of the union. The rest of the show focussed on the media's role in getting it there.

This performance combined with Dumb and Dumber may make Jeff Daniels the greatest actor ever.

EDIT: For those mildly interested, a link to the transcript of the opening sequence monologue.
    Jeff Daniels' monologue from "The Newsroom" | Tyler Riggs. No Longer Available For Hire.

The Newsroom - YouTube

Thought the first episode was great...the second episode, meh. The dialogue between the young blonde girl who fucked up and the dude that likes her/covered for her is so ridiculously over the top that it ruins the rest on the show, which is pretty good.
  • Just downloaded and started watching The Story of Dick Proenneke-Alone in the Wildnerness. Just something to have on in the background while doing stuff around the house.

What this guy could do and build with just about nothing is incredible.

Wife just came up with a great line:

"Sometimes you just want this guy to say 'Fuck it. Today, I'm just going to fuck the dog and have a few beers. This working all the time is bullshit.'"
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    Thought the first episode was great...the second episode, meh. The dialogue between the young blonde girl who fucked up and the dude that likes her/covered for her is so ridiculously over the top that it ruins the rest on the show, which is pretty good.

Has been really good lately
  • Premiere just dropped.

Jeff Daniels' monologue from "The Newsroom" | Tyler Riggs. No Longer Available For Hire.

The Newsroom - YouTube

what the fucking fuck! you cannot steal the title 'The Newsroom'!! that was the best canadian comedy ever!!!!!!!! come back ken finkleman!
  • btw, not sure if anyone's mentioned it in here but 'Bored to Death' is a pretty good show. strange comedy about a guy who decides to start moonlighting as a private detective.
  • Watched episodes 1 and 2 of Black Mirror. Season 1 has 3 episodes. Episode 1 had quite the predicament.
  • Worth a look: Continuum, Longmire, Leverage and Black Dynamite.
  • Found what might be the best action series on tv. If you're into spec ops, 24, type shows, British series called Strike Back. A believe there's a US version on hbo, not sure if that's any good, but the uk one is sick.
  • Just started "Sherlock Holmes", a bbc series, have heard really good things, loved the first episode. Each episode is about 1.5 hours long though!
  • The League is back tonight bitches
  • Watched the Premiere episode of Arrow last night. It shows promise . . . and I am surprised to say that. Was expecting it to be shite.
  • i read the other day that american horror story season 2 will be completely different with different actors, different plot, etc. i watched a few episodes of season one but i kind of gave up because i couldn't quite understand where it was going to go and how it could be a continuing series. now that i know the above fact, i may give it another shot. it was interesting at least.
  • I enjoyed AHS at the beginning, but then it started getting crackhead retarded so I stopped paying attention when I watched.

Arrow I enjoyed, so far so good.
  • Just hoping it does not devolve into a mess like so many of the shows I though had promise. Heroes is the prime example of a great concept that went off the rails . . .
  • Spartacus season 3 is under 4 months out HA
  • The Walking Dead starts back up soon, I think next week. Its going to be a good one.
  • The Walking Dead starts back up soon, I think next week. Its going to be a good one.

Actually tonight on AMC at 9 pm..
  • anyone watching Homeland season 2? pretty good so far.

btw, where are you watching these shows online??
  • projectfree.tv is a pretty solid site.

Mark
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    anyone watching Homeland season 2? pretty good so far.

Really liked season one.. Didn't even realize season 2 had started. Thanks..
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    projectfree.tv is a pretty solid site.

Mark

do you have to download anything or have a 'membership'? no issues with viruses?