Wait time for run of bad cards?

Hey so your playing and you are playing well but the deck wont cut you any slack.. just not catching anything at all... getting sucked out, missing draws, delt constant 39o etc

you lose 1, maybe 2 buy ins etc.... how long do you cool down for until you feel you can play well again?

few hours? next day? 3 days?

cliff notes: you run cold/bad, how long do you wait to buy in again?

Comments

• if i'm steaming i'll usually wait a day, but sometimes i'll jump back online a few hours later and be fine.

i really have to learn to not tilt so much when playing online. might have something to do with my state of mind (i.e. i'm usually not sober lol).
  • Hey so your playing and you are playing well but the deck wont cut you any slack.. just not catching anything at all... getting sucked out, missing draws, delt constant 39o etc

you lose 1, maybe 2 buy ins etc.... how long do you cool down for until you feel you can play well again?

few hours? next day? 3 days?

cliff notes: you run cold/bad, how long do you wait to buy in again?

I don't tilt for 1 or 2 buyins. I don't need to cool down. I just keep playing.
  • Two buy-ins is my usual limit. After that I chock it up to running bad and a bad string of luck and call it quits. Some days the cards just don't cooperate.

If it's live I'll wait until the next game. Online it's a few hours at the very least and usually the next day before I take another crack at it. Anything less then that and I'm spewing chips everywhere.