Good TV Shows You May Not Know

Comments

• GTA Poker wrote: »
    I d/l the first episode a few weeks ago and started watching but it didn't seem too great so I deleted it after 5-10 mins. Should I try it again?

ditto to Mad Men; couldn't get past the first couple episodes. Guess I'm too use to a couple killings or explosions every episode so this is to tame for my liking.
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    looking forward to Season 2.

Tell me Season 4 of Sons of Anarchy isn't some of the best television yet!

You're so right, SOA season 4 is great. Can't wait till the next episode comes out.
  • The League is awesome. On season 3 already.
  • glad you're enjoying it as much as I do, one of my top 5 fave shows
    The Killing

Watched the premiere and loved it, this show is awesome!
  • Real housewives?
  • Real housewives?

no words
  • haha win!
    But to mention an obvious one. How I met your mother! one of my favourite shows ever. It was a little weak last season but so far have come back strong this season.
  • Luck

Just watched the first episode -- looks like it could be ok aside from making me feel old (stars include dustin hoffman, nick nolte and denis farina)
  • californication
  • Didn't read through the thread, but twice a month or so I take a day and catch up on all of the following shows:
    Two and a Half Men
    How I Met Your Mother
    Dexter
    It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia
    Chuck
    Rules of Engagement
    Community
    Big Bang Theory

All time favorites:
    Entourage
    Dexter
    Breaking Bad
    Las Vegas
  • Going to try out American Horror again since I have nothing to do tonight
  • Try downloading Masters of Horror. Not a series persay, but moreso 'one offs' of decent horror stories. We've watched a few now and they've been pretty entertaining.
  • Anybody watching the made for tv series Homeland? I'm hooked on it, try the 1st couple of episodes and see. Currently 11 of 12 have aired but can be downloaded from many sources. Apparently they have already contracted for a 2nd season of 12 more episodes.
  • Game of Thrones
    Spartacus (abit on the lame side, but intense gore and sex scenes, sometimes even both at the same time)

Only heard good things about Sons of Anarchy and couple of others mentioned above, need to look into them.
    Going to try out American Horror again since I have nothing to do tonight

still couldn't do it...soon
  • compuease wrote: »
    Anybody watching the made for tv series Homeland? I'm hooked on it, try the 1st couple of episodes and see. Currently 11 of 12 have aired but can be downloaded from many sources. Apparently they have already contracted for a 2nd season of 12 more episodes.

What is it about?

When is the last time you heard anyone call something a made for tv series?
    What is it about?

When is the last time you heard anyone call something a made for tv series?

Can't be bothered to type out a synopsis... Google is your friend..

Homeland (TV Series 2011) - IMDb

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homeland_(TV_series)
    Can't be bothered to type out a synopsis... Google is your friend..

Homeland (TV Series 2011) - IMDb

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homeland_(TV_series)

marines = meh to me
    marines = meh to me

lol, closed minded much? It's not a war movie, more of a spy thriller with lot's of twists.
  • Don't know that "closed minded" is the right phrasing

I'm not a fan of cop shows, mafia shows, and war shows, so I don't really watch them. I have watched however The Godfather, Untouchables, Apocalypse Now, Full Metal Jacket, and a few other of the "classics", and they're still meh to me.

Some people know what they like.

Mark
    lol, closed minded much? It's not a war movie, more of a spy thriller with lot's of twists.

no, but I watch too many shows as it is and it doesn't sound too appealing to me
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Don't know that "closed minded" is the right phrasing

I'm not a fan of cop shows, mafia shows, and war shows, so I don't really watch them. I have watched however The Godfather, Untouchables, Apocalypse Now, Full Metal Jacket, and a few other of the "classics", and they're still meh to me.

Some people know what they like.

Mark
    GTA Poker wrote: »
    no, but I watch too many shows as it is and it doesn't sound too appealing to me

Hey, I just suggested Homeland as something I like, I didn't suggest everyone would... Certainly didn't think Mark would, he's too much into girly shows and cars...:) hehe Love ya son..
  • I loved the first half of Full Metal Jacket, but was pretty "meh" about the film when it switched to Viet Nam.
  • Did this thread switch to movies now?
    Anybody watching the made for tv series Homeland? I'm hooked on it, try the 1st couple of episodes and see. Currently 11 of 12 have aired but can be downloaded from many sources. Apparently they have already contracted for a 2nd season of 12 more episodes.

We're gonna try it out, have episode 1 now. (Still haven't watched the IT Crowd but have em ready to go.)
  • literation wrote: »
    We're gonna try it out, have episode 1 now. (Still haven't watched the IT Crowd but have em ready to go.)

Watch at least 3 before you decide, it grows on you.
    Watch at least 3 before you decide, it grows on you.

Now that's a promising review. You should be in advertising.

"Watch Homeland, it's the arranged marriage of television shows."
    Now that's a promising review. You should be in advertising.

"Watch Homeland, it's the arranged marriage of television shows."
    Wasn't trying to write a review.

Your new gf must have starched all your shorts, you really seem to have a hate on for my opinion lately... :-\ What's wrong bud?
  • I am currently addicted to Korean Dramas..they're utterly ridiculous and feature hot asian women.

/thread.