WTB Cash set

So, with the Black Friday sale coming up, some of you must need to get rid of some chips to keep the better halves happy..while you acquire new toys..

So, I am looking for a good set of cash chips 50nl/100nl..

I saw that set of Speakeasy's on CT that I like, but, it really isn't that complete, needs some 25's and the source is out of 25's, not to mention the price on CT is the same as the new price from source...

whatcha got??

Comments

• I have chips but they would cost you more than the Black Friday sale. For a dirt cheap cash set I would do this:

I would go straight PCA primaries with .50/.50 blinds.

PCAPrimary.jpg

100 .50
    150 $1
    200 $5
    40 $25
    10 $100

500 chips
    Bank: $3200

Will cost you $202.50 plus shipping.
    Starting stacks 10 handed
    10/15/6 = $50 For 100nl just add another 10 reds to the starting stack. Rebuys can come straight from the greens.
  • I am not too worried about dirt cheap, cost isn't so much the issue..just looking for a set that will look pretty, and feel better on the table at home. I am not a big fan of the look of the PCA.

Does anyone have $25 Speakeasy's? Then I could build the rest of the set around that... Or, are they not that good of quality if they are dumping them out at .65 each?
  • Snooping around more, I found they had a 590pc Speakeasy cash set with $25's in it..but no .25...so I ordered 160 of the .25 and the set... Merry Christmas me :)

Now..to figure out how to tell her she has to pay for them.....

speaksite2aef7.jpg
  • very nice Dennis!
  • Love 1/4 pies . . .
  • When looking around at chips, these one caught my eye because of the 1/4 pies, nice clean lines and old school font. They will fit in well with my poker room that is in progress...I had to remove many antiques from the house to make room for kid/gf stuff, and it will all be moved into my poker room until the museum is finished...funny part, I actually bought a "speak easy" to go into the museum door about 2 years ago..maybe it will have to go into the poker room door now...
  • Yeah, I saw that set there. Price is the same as brand new (but didn't check avail. on new)
    He also has(had?) a cash set, but again, brand new was the same price and I got the amount I wanted.
  • If you really like 1/4 pies, you should check out the Jubilee Chips from Unique Poker Chips. Fully customizable for colours, text, denoms, etc. I've got a set, as does Steve Kerr. Gary @ Unique is easy to work with, though sometimes there is a slight delay in communication. Great product at a decent price.
  • oooh....those Jubilees are pretty!!

Can't do another set right now, but thanks for the link on that site! Some nice stuff there.
  • Since I don't mind that people hate me...

jdunford-albums-starting-stack-pr0n-jdunford-picture4263-speakeasy-t10k-16-max-close-up.jpg

jdunford-albums-speakeasy-jdunford-picture3488-oiled-sample-set.jpg

Unfortunately this version isn't available anywhere...
    (we played with them Saturday night)
  • Can you adopt me so I can kill you off and receive my inheritance ASAP?
  • iNano78 wrote: »
    Since I don't mind that people hate me...

jdunford-albums-starting-stack-pr0n-jdunford-picture4263-speakeasy-t10k-16-max-close-up.jpg

jdunford-albums-speakeasy-jdunford-picture3488-oiled-sample-set.jpg

Unfortunately this version isn't available anywhere...
    (we played with them Saturday night)

Very nice. I will eventually try to track down a set of these (speakeasys) for tourney, but, slow season is upon me, and kids education funds are calling..now if I could just sell these couple extra snowmobiles and jetskis we have kicking around here...lol
  • Oh boy, just got home from the weekly pub game...my post office lady plays a lot of cards with us and she says she has 3 heavy parcels for me. Only my first name and street address on them..nothing else...lol She is letting me in early tomorrow morning to pick them up!! Woohoo!
  • Well...now that is just a let down...

I got to the post office and immediately realized that the chips that were in, were some other Monte Carlo Millions sets that I ordered for the poker tour, not my cash set. Blah!
  • ahaha that sucks dennis, although I went through that 2-3 times last year waiting for my chips.
  • So they have arrived!! Woot! This oiling process, as well as the process of explaining to the better half why we need more of them, is tedious...but will be well worth it!!

*giggity*
  • DennisG wrote: »
    So they have arrived!! Woot! This oiling process, as well as the process of explaining to the better half why we need more of them, is tedious...but will be well worth it!!

*giggity*

pron please!
  • Finally, PRON!! Going to use them for the first time tonight...how sad is that?

Mar11010.jpg
  • Hey all, it's been awhile.. I am looking for more of these chips..anyone? I saw the set on CT and ebay but they don't ship to Canada.. Let me know if anyone has any kicking around
  • Welcome back Dennis... 5 years, it HAS been a while..
  • lol..seems like yesterday? Life has been busy! Not playing a lot of cards, but finally getting to maybe build my room the way I want it..need to start weekly games again..
  • BCC isn't making more of these so jump on any you find. Plenty of receivers to ship to in buffalo.

I use. Cbiusa.com
  • moose wrote: »
    I have chips but they would cost you more than the Black Friday sale. For a dirt cheap cash set I would do this:

I would go straight PCA primaries with .50/.50 blinds.

PCAPrimary.jpg

100 .50
    150 $1
    200 $5
    40 $25
    10 $100

500 chips
    Bank: $3200

Will cost you $202.50 plus shipping.
    Starting stacks 10 handed
    10/15/6 = $50 For 100nl just add another 10 reds to the starting stack. Rebuys can come straight from the greens.

Holy fuck! $202.50 plus shipping for this set? God I wish that was the case now.