Brags / Beats / Variance Forum

Hey Guys,

This was requested by Wes, and if you are a member of other poker forums, you will notice this is always a favorite for poker players. Everyone loves bragging about their wins, and complaining about their losses, so next time you are about to go on tilt, vent in here and it will be all good!

Comments

• Or even if its non-poker related...feel free to post!

Your neighbour's dogs took a dump on your favourite flower in your garden and want to rant, go for it. You were one of the few that believed the Giants would defeat the Patroits, brag about it!

Just remember, ridicules from fellow forum members will probably follow suit :)
  • Awww.. somehow I thought prehaps my post provoked the creation of this new thread.. so much for a huge <brag> for me ;)
  • was wondering when you guys would have this.

the uk poker forum has these sections and they are popular.
  • What you really need is another sticky with some "boiler plate" comments from BBCZ. You know, things like:

You need to bet every street to maximize your ev. Otherwise the rake penalty will eat up any profit you may realize from playing like a nit. Stop seeing monsters under the bed.

You were way behind from the beginning. This is why you do not play crap like (fill in the blank) OOP. At the very least you should have raised preflop to narrow the villain's range of hands.

Stop thinking short term. If you (fill in the blank) you will realize a 0.000037% increase in your ROI over the long term. And remember, poker is played over the long term.

I could go on, but you get my point. These sticky's will allow responders to quickly give advice by cutting and pasting the appropriate response, beat or brag, to a given thread without having to do all that pesky typing.

Now please excuse me while I strap on my protective gear for the inevitable flame war that will, no doubt shortly, ensue.

Great idea, by the way
  • BRAG: Ever start a tourney, take a quick glance at the leaders and wonder "Holy Fuck! How did he get so many chips so fast?"

Ok I found out. 1st hand QQ - 4 way allin which holds up.

Next hand AK, couple limpers, I shove overtop because WTF? hot is hot right? Get called by KQ.

Two hands later AA, again a few limpers. Prob gonna get sucked out on this one, so I raise outrageously large. Again one caller. Check my set on the flop and the dude pushes.

And that my friends is how you build a $15.8k stack within the first orbit of a tourney.
  • So..... you out yet?
  • Oh yeah. You can't expect AA to hold up twice in one tournament can you?
  • Tough one Rob.... lol.. I had posted my 1st response to your entry about 10 min after you explained how to build a big stack early... I was only kidding when I asked if you were out yet..... :)
  • meh it comes and goes.

Running hot right now in a tourney on Absolute. 5/21 ITM. But I haven't been moved to potripper's table yet.
  • So things are getting a little better since I left Baden. Working everyday, still TD tournaments on Friday nights.

I thought I would come up with a plan and dive into online poker. I discussed a few things with my poker coach and outlined how I intended to build up some money online. He agreed to my plan and off I went.

I don't have much in regards to money. My brother shipped me 25.00 one day so I decided to play some heads up matches for 5.25. These would be 2, 4, and 32 player tournaments. I was please with the results. I would very the games through the time I was online and play the double or nothing tournaments and also the 4.40 180 player sit n goes

PokerStars Tournament #114267315, No Limit Hold'em
    Buy-In: $4.00/$0.40
    180 players
    Total Prize Pool: $720.00
    Tournament started - 2008/10/14 - 23:03:46 (ET)

Dear Prophet 22,

You finished the tournament in 1st place.
    A $216.00 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

You earned 218.47 tournament leader points in this tournament.
    For information about our tournament leader board, see our web site at
    PokerStars Multi-Table Tournament Leader Board Home Page

Congratulations!
    Thank you for participating

So I decide that I would up the buy in to my heads up tournaments. The play can’t be that different can it? The same strategies that I would use in the low buy-ins should work in the higher buy-ins as well right?

It is a 50.00 buy-in and I was actually labeling a cd when stars beeped it was my turn to act. Low and behold the first thing I noticed was guy is all in first hand, I look to my cards and to my pleasant surprise, I had Ace hearts and Ace of club, not my favorite two aces (I would have preferred the Ace of spades) but I figure that I can live with them in this situation.

I think about it for 20 seconds saying why would he do that? Didn't come up with a reason but hit the call button. He had AK. I say to my self watch three Kings come. Well it wasn't three, but 2 kings did come and I lost.

I guess what I learned is, it doesn't matter what the buy-in is, anything can and will happen in poker.

Prophet 22
  • It is a 50.00 buy-in and I was actually labeling a cd when stars beeped it was my turn to act. Low and behold the first thing I noticed was guy is all in first hand, I look to my cards and to my pleasant surprise, I had Ace hearts and Ace of club, not my favorite two aces (I would have preferred the Ace of spades) but I figure that I can live with them in this situation.

I think about it for 20 seconds saying why would he do that? Didn't come up with a reason but hit the call button.

Excellent Level.

If not,

Excellent Slowroll.
  • decided to return to full tilt two days ago... deposited 50.... first day left @ just over 100... now three days later @ 273 US... pretty good for 2.5 hours of play

Another 5 mintues of PLO up to 345 US

another hour... 383 US...

entered another 10+1 45 man SnG ... had kk... flop KcJc 5d... check to get action.... turn.. 3h.. bet 3/4 pot and get raised.... shove and get called by Ac6C... river.... 2c.... (at this point was chip leader about 7.5k with 18 left... bs... then next hand... move in with A8Suited and get called by 67... flop... 644.. turn 9.. river Q.... out in 18 but still up 333 US for 4 hours(roughly) of play.... not so bad
  • playing a 1-2 table at the bar have ak clubs raised to 25 bucks, a drunk goes all in for 200 bucks i call he has pocket 2s lol i hit my ace and king thought it was a terrible call lol
  • Out of the sunday million midgame since I didn't expect someone to be playing a4 off after I made it 5 BB's to go preflop ._. Not pretty, had 6 times the starting stack before that
  • Hey guys,

It is okay to start new threads for each one ;)