PokerForum.ca Suggestions

As mentioned in my major announcement, we are looking to the members to tell us what they would like to see on this forum that is not already here. So, we would love to hear some feedback.

Is there anything that you would you like to see on this site?

Something bothering you?

Let us know, and we will do our best to get it done! After all, this is your site, so we want to make it better for YOU!

Comments

• I put this in my post in the announcement thread but it belongs here.

I do have a suggestion:

I would like to see the addition of some pure strategy forums. Maybe one for cash and one for tournaments to start. These can be a great for all involved and help keep strat threads on track (I find they get sidetracked far too often in the general forums.)

As you grow the strat forums you can begin to sticky the higher quality threads and build a juicy resource that will help drive traffic to the site as well as give newer posters a baseline for thier poker education. Myself and I am sure many others have seen enough, "KK on the button gets 3 bet - Fold or Shove?" or "ZOMG AA cracked twice in 15 minutes."
  • cadillac wrote: »
    I would like to see the addition of some pure strategy forums. Maybe one for cash and one for tournaments to start. These can be a great for all involved and help keep strat threads on track (I find they get sidetracked far too often in the general forums.)

This is a great idea!! It would be great to see some concrete learning tools available, and this would be the place to put them.
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    This is a great idea!! It would be great to see some concrete learning tools available, and this would be the place to put them.

Plus two, I guess
  • there's a simpler way to keep the crap out of the discussion threads...

...give me my own section ;)

but barring that, I like Caddy's idea
  • Giving Kristy her own thread? lol...
  • Hey Cadillac,

I have gone ahead and added some strategy sections. As I find past threads I will throw these into these forums to populate them a little more.

Thanks for the great suggestion!

Graham
  • I'd like to learn more about professional Canadian poker players and where the major tournaments are held.
  • Buddha wrote: »
    I'd like to learn more about professional Canadian poker players and where the major tournaments are held.

Buddha,

We are actually working on that right now. Might take some time to put together, but it is coming!

Thanks!
  • schabs wrote: »
    Giving Kristy her own thread? lol...

Possibly the funniest avatar... love it!
  • kudos on your work so far. it used to take months to get a decision on a single new forum or policy change...

enforce a policy to discourage the shit-talking that goes on here sometimes. nothing kills a good discussion more than someone calling someone else an asshole, idiot or piece of shit scumbag. this, along with the previous owners' inattention and inconsistency, has really hurt the forum in the past year or more. one week ban for the first time. a month or more for the next one.

bring in more mods. don't put the weight all on wes and jeff. many hands make for light work.
  • pkrfce9 wrote: »
    kudos on your work so far. it used to take months to get a decision on a single new forum or policy change...

enforce a policy to discourage the shit-talking that goes on here sometimes. nothing kills a good discussion more than someone calling someone else an asshole, idiot or piece of shit scumbag. this, along with the previous owners' inattention and inconsistency, has really hurt the forum in the past year or more. one week ban for the first time. a month or more for the next one.

bring in more mods. don't put the weight all on wes and jeff. many hands make for light work.

Hey Pkrfce,

I will talk to Wes about adding more mods, but I will also be here on a regular basis, so I will do my best to stop the spam and shit-talking from getting through.

I spoke with Wes last night about forum rules, and we both came to the conclusion that people are adults and we will keep things how they were before. If there is a particular situation that is bothering you, just send me a pm and I can step in to assess the situation. We are all adults here, so I don't think there will be too many of these kinds of issues.

Thanks for the kudos!

Graham
  • Graham wrote: »
    I spoke with Wes last night about forum rules, and we both came to the conclusion that people are adults and we will keep things how they were before.
    unfortunately, there are a few members who are not adults. they are cool teens and people who like to think they are cool teens. i believe there are rules in place for this, they are rarely enforced. net result: participation in this forum declines, sense of community erodes and your investment suffers. there are a number of people who used to add a lot of value here that stopped participating in the past couple of years (mind you, i've noticed a couple of them posting again recently - my fingers are crossed).

the last guy that pm'd about a problem post here got outed. maybe he didn't care but i see it as a breach of trust in any event.

i'm curious if you spoke with any of the former mods to understand why they left here or a have gone to a rarely active state?
  • pkrfce9 wrote: »
    i'm curious if you spoke with any of the former mods to understand why they left here or a have gone to a rarely active state?

I have, and I can list the reasons why.
  • Maybe I'm wrong Greg, but I feel called out here.

First of all, we have not lost many great contributors..we've lost a few VOLUME contributers. (I know this is my schtick also, but that's not the point. We still get reg. input from those who have a clue ;))

Second, you've got your facts skewed..Moose outed himself. See 'who's the skirt' to confirm if you'd like.

Last:

To be honest the thought of banning based on words or inelegant phrasing makes me naseous and if it started happening here (even to someone I didn't like) I'd probably leave the forum for good.

And as for mods leaving, this doesn't need to be addressed..since you've got no idea what actually went down (as evidenced by your error re: Moose's admission)

As Graham put it we're all adults, and ftr Greg..you've said some pretty outrageous things yourself. And I like it!
  • westside8 wrote: »
    I have, and I can list the reasons why.

I'm interested to know.
  • BBC Z wrote: »
    I'm interested to know.

To completely generalize the situation, they all had one common theme...either do not spend as much time on the forum anymore, or they simply do not play the game as much anymore.
  • Bringing it back on topic:

I see there are sections for Pot Limit and No Limit Omaha, Limit Holdem, No Limit / Pot Limit Holdem, Heads Up Poker, and Tournament Poker, but what about a section or sections for the other games. LO8b, Stud, Stud Hi/Lo, Razz and HORSE.
  • westside8 wrote: »
    To completely generalize the situation, they all had one common theme...either do not spend as much time on the forum anymore, or they simply do not play the game as much anymore.

Thats kinda like saying, "Tough hand, Im either ahead or behind!"

Why don't they come to the forum anymore? I think that would be what we want to focus on.
  • Redington wrote: »
    Why don't they come to the forum anymore? I think that would be what we want to focus on.

I agree completely! In the next few days I will send out an email to every registered user announcing the ownership change and some of the things we are working on improving. On top of that we will have some announcements of cool promos to hopefully bring some of the old members back. If that doesn't work, then we will try to do more to find out why.
  • BigChrisEl wrote: »
    Bringing it back on topic:

I see there are sections for Pot Limit and No Limit Omaha, Limit Holdem, No Limit / Pot Limit Holdem, Heads Up Poker, and Tournament Poker, but what about a section or sections for the other games. LO8b, Stud, Stud Hi/Lo, Razz and HORSE.

Absolutely... I thought we'd start with the most popular, but these are all on the list of things to be added. Give me a few days and I'll get them up also!

Thanks Chris!
  • I've said this all over the forum...I'm tired of not being able to post in the PokerTrillion section. It seems only mods can. Please either fix or since they're your sponsor, open new section where we CAN post questions.

And Chris how nice that you brought it back to YOUR topic addressing the issues that YOU felt were important, that's what really matters after all.
  • Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    I've said this all over the forum...I'm tired of not being able to post in the PokerTrillion section. It seems only mods can. Please either fix or since they're your sponsor, open new section where we CAN post questions.

And Chris how nice that you brought it back to YOUR topic addressing the issues that YOU felt were important, that's what really matters after all.

I thought I fixed this... are you sure? Can you try again for me please?

This guy posted somehow:
    http://www.pokerforum.ca/showthread.php?t=14699
  • Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    I've said this all over the forum...I'm tired of not being able to post in the PokerTrillion section. It seems only mods can. Please either fix or since they're your sponsor, open new section where we CAN post questions.

Sorry Kristy but I thought the title was SUGGESTIONS....not PROBLEMS....I must have misread the title, my bad. ;)
  • whew..realized belatedly that I forgot the emoticon in mine...I was expecting all hell to have broken loose while I was afk.

here have one now :D
  • I would like to see a weekly poker league where standings are kept with quarterly champions and then an annual grand final. Also a sponsor overlay to the winner would be nice.

Say for weekly winners CPF bucks:
    200 1st
    100 2nd
    50 3rd

Then for quarterly championships a sponsor cash overlay of money added would be nice say
    $100 additional for 1st
    $50 2nd
    $25 3rd

Grand final a winner take all $250 added prize or something would be nice. Maybe a CPF shirt or plaque shipped to your house.

I'd much rather see sponsor money going to something like that than a weekly money added tourney (is there money added weekly or was that a one time thing?) where no standings are kept.
  • moose wrote: »
    I'd much rather see sponsor money going to something like that than a weekly money added tourney (is there money added weekly or was that a one time thing?) where no standings are kept.

One time thing.
    I would like to see a weekly poker league where standings are kept with quarterly champions and then an annual grand final. Also a sponsor overlay to the winner would be nice.

200 1st
    100 2nd
    50 3rd

Then for quarterly championships a sponsor cash overlay of money added would be nice say
    $100 additional for 1st
    $50 2nd
    $25 3rd

Grand final a winner take all $250 added prize or something would be nice. Maybe a CPF shirt or plaque shipped to your house.

Great suggestion, we will be going over a lot of these tonight. Thanks everyone so far!
    I would like to see a weekly poker league where standings are kept with quarterly champions and then an annual grand final. Also a sponsor overlay to the winner would be nice.

200 1st
    100 2nd
    50 3rd

$100 additional for 1st
    $50 2nd
    $25 3rd

Great Idea Rob.
  • Hey guys,

Check this thread out for details on the league:
    http://www.pokerforum.ca/showthread.php?t=15029

Prizes are still TBD, but post suggestions in that thread.
  • Anything else?
This discussion has been closed.