Royal (Ryder) Cup Blind Schedules

Is it too late to change the blind schedules? We played Omaha and Stud last night using them, and the Stud specifically wasn't very enjoyable to play. It just didn't feel right (subjective, I know). A few specific issues are that in Stud the bring-in was only 1/4 of the SB, and we still had $25 chips in play with 700/1400 blinds. Just a question/suggestion.

Comments

• I found our game a bit longer then I hoped and also the transitions weren't what I wanted also. I am actually tweaking (slightly) the structures in all the games to ensure a bit more play. The schedule sent earlier are close to the final product but there will be a bit of a variation to it. I changed the structure in Stud to accomodate this a bit more and this is the structure that I have come up with. Please keep in mind that I am trying to a) show uniformity if possiible with the blind structure throughout the day/games. b) Ensure that the SNG's run between 2.5 and 3 Hours. Below is the revised Stud Structure. The Omaha stucture will be running on the Small and Big Blind structure of the 7 card Stud structure below.
    I take a lot of my sturctures from online sites and for Pokerstars for example the Bring in varies around 1/4 to 1/3. I hope this clears up some of the issues. If there are more specific ones Trev let me know. The FL and NL will be a bit more gradual also similar to the SB/BB schedule below but possibly 20 min rounds.

7 Card Stud Starting with 5000 Chips
    17 min Ante Bring In SB BB
    5 10 25 50
    10 20 50 100
    20 40 100 200
    25 50 150 300
    Colour Up Break
    50 100 300 600
    100 200 400 800
    100 300 600 1200
    200 400 1000 2000
    300 500 1500 3000 Capped
  • This schedule looks pretty good. There was something about the 700/1400 level that just gave me a headache :)
  • That looks a lot better. Hopefully I'll get a chance to try it soon (before the Cup). Thanks Sandro
  • beanie42 wrote:
    That looks a lot better.  Hopefully I'll get a chance to try it soon (before the Cup).  Thanks Sandro
    I can have the chips setup for a SNG after KPS II tonight.

/g2
  • beanie42 wrote:
    That looks a lot better.  Hopefully I'll get a chance to try it soon (before the Cup).  Thanks Sandro

No problem Trev. I always value your input on things although your a Stephan Harper supporter LOL j/k. Have fun tonight and I wish I could make it tonight or next week but I have out of town commitments. Good Luck all!!
  • pokerdro wrote:
    I always value your input on things although your a Stephan Harper supporter LOL j/k.
    Nice try, but we don't get to start that debate for another 6-18 months (when we get another election :( ). Don't worry - it won't be long!
  • Goodbye 700/1400.. I know we could have been the only poker game in the world to ever use it... Now it's all gone..