Royal Cup of Poker: Team Cambridge

O.k cambridge people its time to stop hiding in the Shadow of Kitchener and show that were the BEST THERE IS AND THE BEST THERE  WILL EVER  BE. So if your out there lets here from you.

Comments

• hey Mario hate to brake it to you but there has to be more then one(1) person to a team :P  Feel like taking a side bet? who ends up higher? a Team Cambridge person or a Team London person? say $5 per head?
  • I work in Cambridge.. maybe I can help out the underdogs, since Pinhead is so threatened by my presence on K/W...

Mark

P.S. Nah... I'm kidding... Cambridge sucks... I think I'd prefer the Special K
  • I feel bad for Team Mario :(
  • free bump...so, Lamb of John finds this thread...don't leave Malt hanging...
  • I'm from Ayr. That's basically Cambridge. Can I join the team?

Also my friend Will is from Cambridge and he's pretty good. I think he'd be a good addition as well.
  • what's that supposed to mean mark? you want to be on the UW team?
  • Johnny adams, kevin farrell, steve block, and brian Bell (who now lives in kitchener, but grew up in cambridge and plays with john, steve, and kevin all the time)

so thats 5 now is it? plus the ayr guy and his cambridge buddy? 7? almost a full team??

Johnny
  • specialK wrote:
    what's that supposed to mean mark?  you want to be on the UW team?

Hahaha..

Actually no.. I was trying to think of something snazzy to call Kitchener.. forgot about your nick

Mark
  • Johnny adams, kevin farrell, steve block, and brian Bell (who now lives in kitchener, but grew up in cambridge and plays with john, steve, and kevin all the time)

so thats 5 now is it?  plus the ayr guy and his cambridge buddy?  7?  almost a full team??

Johnny

and Mario? Looks like Cambridge has a team...which is great because someone has to finish last.
  • Sweet I love it the underdogs are forming and will rule the world HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!

Alright now that we almost have a full team we should start thinking about who will be captian of the world?
  • Hell if I'm a Co-Captain of London, I think Mario should be Captain of Cambridge! Let the Crazys RULE!
  • OK looks like we have a full team only 6 players per team and two alternate if people are still interested in playing.

1. Itsame
    2. Lamb of John
    3. Peteski
    4. Kevin
    5. Steve
    6. Brian

Alternate

1. Will
    2. Xsqueezeme
  • We're obviously going to either dominate, or be out first blind level! Thankfully we have Mario to pick up the pieces! (cough)
  • Pfff, who plays ace rag to win a tournament. I guess it looks soooted though....

Cambridge players mothers are men!

stp
  • Shannon, you wouldnt last 1/2 hour at a table with Team cambridge
  • btw, that was meant as a joke, shannon you scare me
  • Bellzy wrote:
    Shannon, you wouldnt last 1/2 hour at a table with Team cambridge

Wow, I thought it would take me atleast 45 minutes to eliminate the Cambridge table. Thanks lol. I want Johnnie in the heads up first round match!

stp
  • Yeah Mario, I'm still interested. I'm psyched. I think we can do it, guys.
  • shannon scares me too, the way he runner runners heads-up........ :D

Johnny
  • I think I remember atleast one of the hands I 'beat you' on the other night. 1/2 NL heads up. I raise with A10, John calls with garbage and hits trips. Flop 883, I fire out and he smooth calls with his 108off suit. Turn is an Ace, which also makes a flush possiblity on the board. John makes his fatal move here by checking, I check right behind him KNOWING that he has that 8 in his hand. River of course, is another Ace giving me the high boat. Like the Donk John is he fires out $9, I raise him up to $20 and again like the donk he is he calls. I think this was the 3rd time that night that I hit runner runner trips to take his maney. So yes, John and I heads up..I likey.

Cambridge guys are unattractive!

stp
  • O.K  Shannon I don't read the forum for a couple of days and I find you trash talking my team THATS it cambridge is going to take this thing down by a land slide and the final hand will be won with ACE RAG OOOOOYYYYYYAAAAAAAAA.  When we go and except the !st prize money we will have are mothers there(that are woman) and be the best dressed and the MOST attractive men there.

OH ya almost forgot Shannon you DON'T scare me and the 24 inch pythons are coming for you BROTHER!!!!!!!!

I love this game
  • It's nice Cambridge is at least bringing some comic relief :)
  • shannon, you knwo i'll play you heads up whenever you want.

easy money......
    Johnny
  • O.k guys everybody Else has a captain we really should vote on it.

I'll through my name in the pot for the captains hat.
  • Team Cambridge, if you need someone on any of the dates mentioned by stp, I am available for them all but Mar.5th.

Just let me know if you are short or need someone.

Go Cambridge!!!
  • Thanks Xsqueezeme will keep you mind.
  • Mario, you can definately be the captain of our squad, this team is going to surprise people....and other than "comic relief" we'll also be the best looking team there, well except for Lamb of John, yikes!
  • Bellzy wrote:
    this team is going to surprise people....

OHGOD!

Remeber Cambridge, you have to wear pants!

Mark
  • O.k guys it looks like things are starting to roll now the date is FEB 18th and the place is being finalizes. It seems that were back to 8 players per team and it look likes we have a full team. Pete if you could ask will if he still interested and Xsqueezeme welcome to the team.

These are the events SNGs that we will have to play in. I don't think we have to worry about the hold ems but if anybody play stud or omaha regularly let me know.

1) 8 - 10 man NL Hold em SNGs with one player from each team competing at each table.
    2) 8 - 10 man Fixed Limit Hold em SNGs with one player from each team competing at each table.
    3) 5 - 8 man Fixed Limit Stud SNGs.
    4) 4 - 10 man Pot Limit Omaha SNGs with one players from each team competing at each table.
    5) Finally 40 Head Up NL tournaments to finish the competition

TEAM CAMBRIDGE

1. Itsame
    2. Lamb of John
    3. Peteski
    4. Kevin
    5. Steve
    6. Brian
    7. Will
    8. Xsqueezeme
  • ItsaMe wrote:

TEAM CAMBRIDGE

1. Itsame
    2. Lamb of John
    3. Peteski
    4. Kevin
    5. Steve
    6. Brian
    7. Will
    8. Xsqueezeme

That's a nice looking team you have there. I wish you guys luck...I just won't say which kind ;)

stp