Season 2 of Celebrity Poker

Taken from the article in the feb issue of CPP under the news section.

"..Phil Gordon who will be hosting a filming of the next Celebrity Poker Challenge featuring stars like Moses Malone, Denzel Washington, and Michael Jordan putting their poker skills on the line."

Jordan at the poker tables would be awesome to see. We all know about his competitiveness and of course he's got a little gambling streak too. Hopefully the poker playing will be better than last season's which was just horrific.

Comments

• As somebody pointed out before, I would like to see these same celebrities playing with their own $$. Also they should only put celebrities that actually know and play poker.
    Scott Stapp or whatever from creed ruined it for me.. :(
  • I was so disgusted after I saw the West Wing cast episode... I didn't even want to watch anymore, I could see myself just picking up nothing but bad habits..
  • Is Celebrity Poker on TV in Canada?

ScottyZ
  • They played the West Wing episode on Bravo Canada, but I checked the scheduling after that and I couldn't find it again. I think they may have tried it and stopped.

http://www.bravo.ca/programlistings/
  • The guy from Creed is the DUMBEST guy I've ever seen. He didn't even know how to read the friggin board. If you're gonna enter a poker tournament, wouldn't it be wise to at least spend 10 minutes going over the hand rankings? What a Dumbass. I wasn't a fan of their Christain Preaching music anyways but now I hate him even more. You could tell Mimi Rogers wanted to sock him everytime she had to tell him the rules.
  • ScottyZ wrote:
    Is Celebrity Poker on TV in Canada?

ScottyZ

I catch it on satellite on the bravo channel, but I saw the championship game on the travel channel I believe. :?
  • it has been on Canadian TV it is awful ! It really is not even poker. The people are not playing with their own money and if they win or lose means nothing to any of them............ but that idiot Kevin Pollock announces the action like its the World Series or something ........ I turned it off after about 10 minutes.
  • Phil Gordon yo me looked like a baffoon in all the shows he did this past season. All he did was make math calls and comment on what he'd do.
    They need to work out a better situation for him, he is a genius and a great poker player.
    He was also an extremely nice guy the nights i partied with him.
    Thankfully he is rich as tits too and picked up the tab.
    Hopefully he does a better job on celebrity season 2, and watch out for him on the WPT, if he played all the events, he'd be one of the best knowns.
    Kev
  • From the Bravo site:

"Bravo is proud to announce that Dave Foley (News Radio, Will & Grace, The Kids in the Hall) will be hosting an all-new season of Celebrity Poker Showdown, coming this spring."