Running a Poker Tournament To Raise Funds For Charity - Advice Needed

Hello There,

I am involved with a non profit organization that is thinking about holding a Poker Tournament to raise funds for charity.  I have some questions for all of you experts out there and your help would be really appreciated.   We are thinking to have the interested players donate money to the charity and the prizes that go to the winners would not be cash but be actual prizes such as gift certificates, chip sets, tables etc.  The following are the questions I hope some of you can help me out with

1.  Is this even legal to do ?  We want to make sure we are not breaking any laws since this will be a well publicized event in our community.

2.  If it is legal and we are able to hold an event such as this does anyone know of a company that could help run the tournament itself ?  That way the tournament is run smoothly and professionally.   

We think we would be able to get a fair amount of players from the community and also get the younger people in our community involved. 

Anyway thanks for reading my post and thanks for your help.

- Big Games

Comments

• "Holdem 4 Hire" 647-999-0089 4 Stags, Tourneys etc

RiverRatJosh is a member on the site. Look him up. I've never played at his, but, several people on the forum have dealt for him etc and by all accounts he runs a super event.