fun, but very difficult flash game.

I doubt anyone here could finish it...I just want to see the end level but man, it's frustratingly hard!

http://www.lanceandeskimo.com/flash/quest.html

Comments

• After a full 24 hours of fustrating game play, I still have not cracked it. Do I win a year's subscription to Canadian Poker Player just for trying?
  • I think it's a trick, and that the game is unbeatable.
  • This game is addicting. Almost more than poker.
  • Nothing to worry about, you're probably just addicted to the Peter Cetera song. :)

The strategy guide is pretty hilarious too.

Wasn't that song from one of the Karate Kid films?

Bon-SAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!

ScottyZ
  • I don't get it. I was able to beat it in just over an hour.

I read the strategy guide first though. It really helped!

I think you guys are overanalyzing it. Try to take a step back from it and forget completely about your habitual odds-calculating.

hork.
  • After a month's hiatus, I think I'm ready to get at it again. I also ordered the strategy guide from ebay. Wish me luck.
  • I have gone there a few times, and everytime, it appears I am on the last board. Some kind of glitch, anyway, I basically stroll over to the crown and it says You Win, and the credits roll. Weird. So, basically it takes me about 5 seconds to complete the game. I rule :twisted:
  • Jeremy wrote:
    I have gone there a few times, and everytime, it appears I am on the last board. Some kind of glitch, anyway, I basically stroll over to the crown and it says You Win, and the credits roll. Weird. So, basically it takes me about 5 seconds to complete the game. I rule :twisted:

yea me too.. lol im confused
  • that's the point guys..it's a joke game :) the credits are longer than the game a la the classic animated short film "Bambi vs Godzilla"
  • I have been bamboozled. :cry:
  • I think we might need to start using

<sarcasm>
    </sarcasm>

Poker players are too deceptive by nature to be able to "read" their sarcasm. 8)

ScottyZ
  • I have gone there a few times, and everytime, it appears I am on the last board. Some kind of glitch, anyway, I basically stroll over to the crown and it says You Win, and the credits roll. Weird. So, basically it takes me about 5 seconds to complete the game. I rule

Hahaha, that's the funniest post of the whole board so far! lol, just some good natured ribbing Jeremy.
  • Well damnit, there should be some kind of prize then!
  • Well, that post and 4 others gets you out of the "Vince Van Patten" category.

Is that a prize?

I find it sort of sad that the first *honest* post in the thread is the one that takes a ribbing...

ScottyZ
  • I need no pity! I am strong like bull, smart like tractor!(insert faux russian accent here)
  • What boggles my mind is why someone would bother putting that sort of thing together. Strange.
  • now, if u want a good game to play...

http://members.aon.at/rialskaedda.html/gimproulette.swf

turn up those speakers!
  • Is the optimal strategy to spin the revolver or not?

ScottyZ
  • well, i'm sure it doesn't make a difference....tho i've seemingly had better luck not spinning
  • Assuming it simulates an actual revolver, it does make a difference. But I get what you mean... it may just be there for effect instead of actually affecting the game.

ScottyZ
  • Optimal strategy is difentely to spin the revolver. Without the spin, you have at least a one in 5 shot of dying. with the spin, you always have a one in 6. If there's been 5 straight misses, wouldn't you want to spin the revolver?
  • http://server-admin.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/motas/mystery/testgame.htm

try this out, its really amazing
    bunch up with a few people in the chat room too, itll be easier
    we did it in 1h15, we were 2