Interest check - Selling my Business (possibly)

I'm not officially selling it, but for the right offer I will definately consider it. I have put my heart & soul into building this business & I have no intentions of making it a fly by night. I have quickly become one of Canada's largest retailers/wholesalers. I pride myself on carrying a diverse line of high quality products.

Unfortunately other aspects of my life require my attention & finance's. Not for sympathy, but to be honest & upfront about why I may sell - my wife is currently battling Cancer. She is off work & her drugs are astronomical. Therefore selling my business to raise the funds to cover her treatment would make my life much easier.

I don't want to make the x's & o's public, but if you are interested in obtaining an established business with a solid customer base & extensive inventory PM or e-mail me : theplayasclub@look.ca

Thanks for your interest.

Comments

• Hey Woodman,

Very sorry to hear about your wife. The Ontario govt has a drug plan to cover catastrophic illnesses where the drugs are very expensive. If you haven't looked into it, it might be worthwhile.

http://www.health.gov.on.ca/english/public/pub/drugs/trillium.html

Best wishes for you and your wife.
  • So sorry to here about your wife Woodman....if you ever need someone to cover your events or help out with them if your wife is having treatment or something...don't hesitate to ask...I will be down in London for good in a couple of weeks if you need the help!!!
  • hey woodman

sorry to hear about your wife

my lost my 3 year old son to cancer this past may and i feel for you.

i know what you are going through. my wife had to leave work and i contemplated quitting for a while. i really thought hard about it, but i didn't for various reasons.

i hope that you have a network to support both you and your wife.

my wife and i are are pharmacists (the wife is at the toronto sunnybrook regional cancer centre and myself at shoppers drug mart), so we know a thing or two about cancer and meds. i personally have dealt with a lot of medications and drug coverage issues with my son , including the program that pkrface9 mentioned.

i also know that some of your caregivers may not give you all the information you need about these issues (speaking from personal experience) and i would like to offer you my assistance in any way possible in regards to the ins and outs of drugs and drug plan coverages, including the ontario drug benefit program. (pm me if you have any questions)

my thoughts are with you and your wife

4ceps (ed)
  • I wish you and your wife all the best woodman, and you too 4ceps.

I am at a loss for any other words..
  • Woodman,

I wish you and your family all the best.

I have a store in the Toronto area and we specialize in poker table and gaming equipment rentals. I am looking for a company to provide me with wholesale poker-related items. Could you send info about your business my way, including your website? Mine is www.holdemcity.ca.

Cheers,

Mac
  • We may be interested (http://thenuts.ca). Please contact me at dwayne@thenuts.ca
  • Regards and well wishes........with everything woodman.

Very sorry to hear about your son.......4ceps.........

Lost my Grandpa, and wife miscarried this week.......

just sharing in the grief and hope!!
  • sorry to hear about your family josh

my thoughts are with you
  • :'(

Desperate times call for desperate measures. If you have previously contacted me about purchasing my business or if you have not yet contacted me, please contact me. I need to sell the business ASAP. My desperation is your gain. I am willing to sell the business for far less than it is worth. (basically the cost ofmy inventory & assets)

Thanks in advance.