so close yet so far away...

Last night playing a $5 tourny on UB, approx 650 entries it happened again. Battled for over 3 hours and down to 11 players. Up until this point I felt like I made a lot of good decisions folding good cards when I thought I was beat and calling strong bets when I felt I had the hand. I'm around the average in chip count 50k and the chip leader is up around 200k and starting to force everything in sight (probably as he should). Blinds now up to 1k/2k, i get KhQs and make a strong raise from mid position. He calls from BB. The flop comes up 3h5h10h. I bet half my stack and he goes over the top............sheeeeeeeeetttttt. I'm thinking at this point he's been pushing too hard but probably has a made hand possibly with a small pair but I have two over cards and still an outside flush opportunity with my Kh. I call and he shows 10/10. No love on the turn or the river and I'm busted. Last week i had a 6th place finish with a smiliar size field. Just cant seem to get to that next level....ugggggghhhhh.
:'(

Comments

• At least your getting to this level consistently. I am not sure a KQ is that premium of a hand to take your final stand with. I think the big stack will/should pressure all avg stacks to steal nice pots and knowing that you may have wanted to pick a better battle. My game is the weakest it's ever been so take this at face value but I find that hands like KQ KJ K10 QJ etc look good on the face but are no better then 20th best starting hand and worse. Depending on the money positions also I would have made a small call or folded and fold to any reraise from the big stack. But congrats on the 2 great showings as I would be hard pressed to crack top 100 these days.
  • Appreciate the feed back Punky. Definitely could have picked a better spot but then again, had to go with what I felt at the time. Hope the cards turn around for you.

Sax.