Reload online bankroll after cashout

I've been playing online real money for half a year now, and I've been pretty much playing at the same limits since I started (1/2 LHE, 2/4 LHE, occasionally 3/6 LHE, and 0.5/1 NLHE). I started with a deposite of $100 on stars, and have cashed out 3 times with winnings to be used towards my other spendings (purchases of LCD monitor, team Canada jersey, basically non-poker stuff). And after cashout (I would go back to $100 after cashout), there were a couple of times when I would almost lose that $100 in a day or two and have a need to reload. I've been keeping track of my winnings, and with all the reload and everything I'm still +700 or so. Now in total I've cashed out around $1000, and right now have $100 at Stars and have reloaded twice both for $100. I'm thinking I'm doing a bad bankroll management as I've needed to reload, but I've also kept track of all my winnings and deposits. Am I cashing out too much/too often leading to the need to reload?

Any opinion/help will be great.

Thanks

Comments

• The biggest problem with multiple transactions is that you will loose on the exchage. You pay higher rates on deposits and get paid lower rates on withdrawls. You may want to keep that in mind.

It would also be more advantagous to keep 100 - 300 BB in your online account to handle the variance swings.

Suggestion:

Keep a float in your online account of 300 BB of your desired limit. Only make withdrawls when you hit 500 BB of 200 BB and therefore keeping your float at 300BB. This way you should never have to make another deposit.
  • sweetjimmi wrote:
    Keep a float in your online account of 300 BB of your desired limit.  Only make withdrawls when you hit 500 BB of 200 BB and therefore keeping your float at 300BB.  This way you should never have to make another deposit.

what he said.
    even the best of players will hit 300bb downswings...and as you move up in levels...500bb isnt out of the question
  • Or keep a bit less and time your deposits with stars for those rare occasions where they have a bonus...
  • Use Neteller and deposit what you are willing to gamble with and keep flipping it in and out of neteller to keep all your bonus accounts topped. Withdraw a set dollar amount once you hit your goal.
  • Thanks for the feedback so far. I think I get caught with leaving too little (100bb or sometimes less) and then hit my downswing and I find myself needing to reload. But the 300BB-500BB guideline will keep me on track. Thanks for the advice so far.