When does limit strategy change?

I just moved up to 2/4, and have surprisingly noticed that there are many more horrendous plays than i've seen playing 1/2. It could just be that people like to show their hands more, or whatever. Question is, at what limit online must yo start playing deceptively and generally not ABC? Right now i'm still going strong playing by Lee Jones' advice. When won't his style of play work?

Comments

• I've noticed the 1/2 tables have ALOT of bonus grinders, so thats why you may find the looser play on the 2/4, however I'm sure there are plenty of bonus whores on the 2/4 tables as well.
  • The shift in play as you move up limits is more of a gradual trend. Your not going to be playing 3-6 and then move to 5-10 and go...wow...nothing I did at 3/6 works anymore. The strategies just may not simply work as well (free card plays) or the oppurtunities just dont present themselves as often (value betting extremely marginal hands against loose passives) And as always, the table texture is going to define your play...not the table limit. Ive found 30/60 games that have been so amazingly soft and passive youd have a hard time distinguishing it from a 1/2 game if the chips amounts were removed...and at the same token, some tight agressive 3/6 games that have no business being that tough.

But generally speaking, as you move up in limits, players on the whole become more agressive, a little tighter and a bit more creative with their play. Its not a matter of ABC poker not working anymore, youll simply find that your definition of ABC poker changes as you move up each step.