Pacific Poker $200K Payday on Monday - SO MUCH VALUE

this starts last week (Aug 8th). They had about 1100 ish @ $150+15 so it should only be 35K overlay, but no they changed the prize pool to 250K, so 85K overlay LOL. HILARIOUS. Sadly I didn't cash, but qualified in a $15+1.50 qualifier 4 hoursbefore (else I would have brought it).

Then I get an e-mail, if you sign up to the next one AUG 15, they will REFUND my $15. I am like oooo, I was planning on playing it anyways. I then play a $16.50+1.50 qualifier and make it whoopee, so after they refund the $15 entry fee, its like $3 to play this (almost a freeroll, WEEEE). EXCELLENT, only 900 signed up, so $65K overlay (alas no 250K prizepool messup). But then the worst happens, it FREEZES and then they cancel the tourney :( NOOO, I am like oh well $165 back, better than nothing. BUT NO, they refund $200K/900 = $222.22 + $15 buyin fee for $237.22 (yes $220 profit). Everyone who signed up made $70 hahaha.

ADDED BONUS, today I get an e-mail, they are having a restricted 50K FREEROLL for those who signed up, YIPPEEE!!! So with 900 max, probably 700 will sign up, it looks like another $50-70 overlay free entry!! WOOHOO

And here is a tip for those who have not played on Pacific Poker. Here is a way to ALMOST ALMOST get your entry/buyin TOTALLY FREE. Pacific Poker offers a 25% bonus up to $100 (So deposit $400) and if you are referred by a friend, you usually get $25 more. So if you deposit $400, your account will have $525 in it. YES, they credit your account with the bonus. But to withdraw the bonus, you must clear it. No biggie, if you';re like me and want to play the tourney, I just withdrew the $360, leaving my account with $165 ($125 of their money and $40 of mine). I did the withdrawl a week in advanced (withdrawl process takes 4-6 days) so I didn't want to play the tourney and find out that they would take $100 off my withdrawl if it didn't get processed back into neteller yet. So thats an EASY way to have $40 turn into a $165 entry which is going to turn into a $250 entry with the overlay.

Now here is a side story. I had my friend do this since he wanted to play the tourney. But instead, he deposited $400, had $525. Withdrew $525 for the heck of it. 4 days later, his neteller had $525 more in it. He didn't even have to clear his bonus!! UBER LUCKY!!! So he made $125 for depositing and sitting tight for a week t get it back!

Comments

• I am playing in it right now too!

I was happy enough to get the $72 on top of my $165 buy in, when they sent the email for the private tourny ($50K prize pool) that was just the icing on the cake. :D

My pocket As in the opening few minutes got cracked by flush on the river, cost me $850 of the 1200 so now I am playing it tight.
  • eck, doubled up first orbit AcJc on AxKc5c flop vs A7o.

then lost a 4 way all inwith AQ vs Tx(or TT) and J2c leaving me 1500. Then lost 44 to AQ on KK77 board down to 400. I will needa miracle ;)

Now I am out after quadruping up with AK.

KJ on KT9 flop loses to KQ. Oh well. GL
  • I fiinished 532nd :'(

After my As got cracked for 850 I couldn't rebound enough. I got 99 on the button, everyone folded to me, I push all in 403, SB and BB both call. Flop comes AKx Turn is x, River is x, SB shows QQ, BB shows AK and I am done.

Now I am in my more familiar $33 buy in.