Finally made "the money" on Pacific $33 buy in

After many many attempts and close calls, I have finally made the money in a Pacific Poker $33 buy in! And I have the members of CPF to thank.

I am currently in 22nd place with 14400 chips, top 80 get paid, and there are 72 players left.

Blinds are at 1000/2000 so I feel I have to make a significant move fairly soon. I have been short stacked most of the night, went all in in the SB when the blinds were 250/500 made it another 750 for the BB, I was trying to steal the blinds with a 74 off.... :D BB called and I pulled out a miraculous flush! You can imagine the table talk going on then.

Whew, 64 players left. First gets $6600!

Wish me luck!

Comments

• Good luck!
  • Blinds are now 1500/3000, I am down to 10000 chips after calling a 1200 all in raiser when I was BB. He had AJ off to my 10J sooted, he took it down when the J hit the turn.

WOO HOO!!

Just as I am writing this I get AA, do a small raise to $6000 and get a bully calling, he has 60K in chips, flops comes rags and I push all in for 4K more, he calls and flips over A9 and I take down a $24K pot!

I am now in 13th place with 44 players left.

EDIT-

Pocket 3's and Pocket 6's make a dent in my stack, I get down to 6000 chips and get KQ :h:, I go all in, (4K BB) both SB and BB call. 2 hearts on flop and I am thinking happy thoughts, entire board is rags, no hearts on turn and river, SB and BB both turn over Ax and my tourny is done. :'(

I am very happy with a 33rd place finish only because it is my first time finally making the money, but at the same time I am disappointed because I know I could have done better earlier.

Ironically, KQ sooted is the same hand I busted out on at Brent and Camerons Brampton tourny on Friday. Do I put too much emphasis on KQ sooted? Or is that a bust out or win big hand?
  • don't leave us hangin dude!!! What place are you in now?Its been an hour since your last post
  • Updated with an edit... :'(
  • I don't have much to write other than I heard Cloutier says it's a sucker hand.  That's a glib statement and a bit stinging since you played only yesterday.  Hopefully you will have more replies.
    MDSGuy wrote:
    Ironically, KQ sooted is the same hand I busted out on at Brent and Camerons Brampton tourny on Friday. Do I put too much emphasis on KQ sooted? Or is that a bust out or win big hand?
  • KQ suited in one of the top ten starting hands but it gets busted a lot. I busted out of a tourney with it myself last night. I went up against pocket 5's.