Sexy.

Between the 20/40 games and the $200 SNG's, Party is the best thing to happen to online poker since online poker.

#Game No : 2523491985
***** Hand History for Game 2523491985 *****
$20/$40 Texas Hold'em - Friday, August 12, 17:37:31 EDT 2005
Table Table  52087 (Real Money)
Seat 3 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 1: dwarren84 ( $1851.86 )
Seat 2: pulpking ( $539 )
Seat 3: iharax ( $2311 )
Seat 5: Donkeyraider ( $438.91 )
Seat 6: DaveMarner ( $2394 )
Seat 8: baisel25 ( $1103 )
Seat 10: ChoosyMother ( $252 )
Seat 7: Aces_All ( $1127 )
Seat 4: oyster_22 ( $600 )
Seat 9: jabba1111 ( $281.50 )
oyster_22 posts small blind [$10].
Donkeyraider posts big blind [$20].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Aces_All [  As 8s ]
DaveMarner folds.
Aces_All calls [$20].
baisel25 calls [$20].
jabba1111 folds.
ChoosyMother folds.
dwarren84 calls [$20].
pulpking calls [$20].
iharax folds.
oyster_22 calls [$10].
Donkeyraider checks.
** Dealing Flop ** [ Ts, Qs, Ks ]
oyster_22 checks.
Donkeyraider checks.
Aces_All checks.
baisel25 bets [$20].
dwarren84 calls [$20].
pulpking folds.
oyster_22 calls [$20].
Donkeyraider folds.
Aces_All calls [$20].
** Dealing Turn ** [ Ad ]
oyster_22 checks.
Aces_All bets [$40].
baisel25 calls [$40].
dwarren84 raises [$80].
oyster_22 calls [$80].
Aces_All raises [$80].
baisel25 calls [$80].
dwarren84 calls [$40].
oyster_22 calls [$40].
** Dealing River ** [ 5d ]
oyster_22 checks.
Aces_All bets [$40].
baisel25 calls [$40].
dwarren84 calls [$40].
oyster_22 calls [$40].
Aces_All shows [ As, 8s ] a flush, ace high.
baisel25 doesn't show [ Kc, Jd ] a straight, ten to ace.
dwarren84 doesn't show [ Th, Jh ] a straight, ten to ace.
oyster_22 doesn't show [ Js, 9c ] a straight, ten to ace.
Aces_All wins $837 from  the main pot  with a flush, ace high.
Game #2523501274 starts.

Anyone play it differently?  I was afraid the turn would get checked around with the scare card.  Little did I know...

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank dwarren84 for raising the turn, allowing me to re-raise.  Thank-you dwarren84.

Easy game, isn't it.  ;)  There was a tiny little part of me that was afraid of the Js9s, but it was pretty tiny.

Comments

• thats a pretty nice gift you got there
  • Wow very nice. 14 BB profit. Its hard to set the mind to sit down and play cash games. I don't find them as fun as MTTs. The joys of winning $500 to 2 or 3K in a sitting. Although it doesn't happen often, winning a smaller field tourney knowing you got top prize is fun too.
  • Noone commented on you playing A8s UTG +1, I guess you had been at the table a bit and it was pretty passive preflop with many players/flop and many players coming in with subpremium hands, I love those games.

Guess I'm just used to having a minimum of 1 cannon, usually 2 at live games of similar limits.
  • Yes please comment on that as I noticed it too.  Lately I've gone for no less than A10 in that position and it's been working for me.  There have been multiple references on this topic and for some reason I remembered this one!

http://www.pokerforum.ca/forum/index.php?topic=3960.msg33205#msg33205

harthgosh :)
  • But my A8 was soooooooooooted!!!!!   SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTED I tells ya. 

Tilter, I don't find cash games nearly as much fun as MTT's or SNG's either, but there is some value in them.

As for the table in question, I had played one full orbit and had observed a lot of limping.  A LOT of limping, and people getting away with it.  I figured I'd try it out.  I also figured that one or two people here would notice that I limped UTG +1 with A8s, and comment on it, and I'm glad that happened.  It's not the best play in the world.  That being said, I've become fairly good at dropping hands like top pair, weak kicker if I think I'm beat before it costs me too much.  THAT being said, limping in with a suited ace hoping to hit a flush or a flush draw is a bad gamble.

But it worked this time!  Short term baby!  Short term!
  • Too funny. Good score.
  • If 5 or 6 are limping to see every flop then you can limp any suited ace in any position really, but you need to be careful about doint it in early position because if someone raises behind you it really sucks. With no raiser I might think my 8 kicker is good though and that could be a little costly should I hit an ace but run into someone randomly limping a big ace.
  • all_aces wrote:
    But it worked this time!  Short term baby! Short term!

I always play for the short term results. I eman if you always win in the short term, how can you lose in the long term. :D
  • That, my friend, is logic that is damn near impossible to argue with.  :)
  • Ill limp A9s and A8s in a lot of my 20/40 tables on party. Perfectly fine play. If you cant do that, you probably should be getting up and finding a new table because there are plenty of soft ones out there.

• I always play for the short term results. I eman if you always win in the short term, how can you lose in the long term.  :D

that's would be nice. except you don't always win in the short term...