10's are wild!

Just finished playing in the 350 qualifier on Score (popular site tonight), and busted out 42nd. Weirdest thing though. In 10 hands late in tourney (less than 50 left), I had pocket 10's 3 times and A-10 twice, hitting trip-10's all 5 times (losing only once against quad 9's). I had finally built myself up from short stack to top 10, and got dealt K-10. Flop came 10-6-7, and ended up all-in against 2 players (a short stack and chip leader). Chip leader had pocket 9's and shorty had 8's. I'm leading, turn is another 10 for my sixth trip 10's in 11 hands. Unfortunately, river was 1 of the 2 remaining 8's, and I was out. What a strange run of cards.

Comments

• insert scary music here....wooooo........

Trevor, we should try and hook up in a tourny @ Score. I agree with what you said in my "1st Win" post about it being good practice for playing against some crazy aggressive players. But I've found that the deeper into the tournament you get, and play actually improves!!! I didn't think that was possible in an on line freeroll!! lol It's actually possible to bluff!!!lol

I think I might actually be warming up to on line play. I know, winning one helps.

Now only if I can convince Wraychel..........................

Take'r easy,

JohnnieH
  • JohnnieH wrote:
    But I've found that the deeper into the tournament you get, and play actually improves!!! I didn't think that was possible in an on line freeroll!! lol It's actually possible to bluff!!!lol
    I'm on most nights, usually playing the qualifiers (either the big 350 on Server 4 at 9pm or midnight, or the 50-SnG's on Server 2 Mon/Wed), Handles "beanie42" (nice to have a "weird" alias nobody steals :) ). You can also message me on this forum, since I get them almost immediately.
    JohnnieH wrote:
    But I've found that the deeper into the tournament you get, and play actually improves!!! I didn't think that was possible in an on line freeroll!! lol It's actually possible to bluff!!!lol
    Ya, I've noticed this too, usually when the field has thinned to about a quarter - always seems to be about 5 min after a break :) .  As far as bluffing, I do, but rarely.  Even though I find the late competition better, I've also noticed that often they don't think the same way, and assume your one of the idiots, and they call me.  I pretty much only bluff if I think the person is a good enough player that they've actually noticed my style of play.
    JohnnieH wrote:
    I think I might actually be warming up to on line play. I know, winning one helps.

Now only if I can convince Wraychel..........................
    I'm not even considering asking Jenn.  I don't trust my self-control enough once I make that first deposit, since I'm always on the computer.  Plus, with my limited bank-roll, I'd rather "invest" it (meaning donate) in live tourneys.  I seem to manage things better when I'm forced to "go somewhere" to lose money :).

Actually, that http://instantbankroll.com/ that somebody mentions works, and I got the $75.  Unfortunately, I blew it all while learning.  I was reading some poker books while playing, and didn't get to the chapter on "pay attention when not in hands" until I was on my last $10!  :rage:  Try it, you'll probably have better luck than I did.
  • Yep, totally agree. When it's bills coming right out of your wallet, it seems to mean more.

JohnnieH