1st Freeroll win!!!!

Woohoo!!! I just won my very first online freeroll tournament @ Scorepoker!!! 130 players, 10 playmoney entry, and I "won" $390!!!!

OK, its not the WSOP or anything, but a win is a win, right?

JohnnieH

Comments

• It's always nice to infinity-uple up.

ScottyZ
  • I like Score, partly cuz it's free, and partly because it's good practice against ridiculously loose/aggressive play.

Congrats Johnnie! You going to DisneyLand now? :)
  • Congrats!

I tried playing on score a few times, but personally I know ALOT of players who are playing because of the craze and even though its free-roll with pretty good winnings, I just don't feel the same playing there compare to even freeroll tournaments on stars or other sites..
  • Awesome. A win certainly is a win.

Good Job!
  • I also play from time to time on Score. It is good because everything is free, which does make for a lot of chasers, which I guess trains you to be better in those style games. The tournaments are fun, and there are lots of them. I have finished 1st twice, final tabled another 3 times, and sucked out too many times to count. My name on there is Waterlunatic.
  • A win is a win, you beat 130 people...congrats.

Now Pinheads off the hook for supplying beer at Foldeds tonight...he only won 240.00...you won "390"...play money or not...
    you are the richest man I know...Lucky will do.
  • hmm......"$390"play money, that should by lots o' Lucky!!!!! I'll be a nice guy and let Brad buy the beers. Actually Mark can have a couple of mine, for the beats he took on Wednesday.

What are everyones screen names at Score? I've never run into any other forum people before!!!

Thanks to everyone for the warm remarks :h:

JohnnieH
  • One of the funniest things on that score site, is if you drop below $1000 in chips, you just go to the cashier and hit the "top up" button and it will bring you back to the big G note. You can do this an unlimited number of times as opposed to places like Stars which only allow you to do it 3 times an hour. Personally I haven't used it in a while, but almost needed to the other day. Another curiosity is that you can only bring max $100 at a time into their no-limit tables. Hit a couple hands and it doesn't take long to be a bully in there :) I do really like the tournaments and mostly play those playing the 15/30 limit game on the side or before tournament registration opens. Note, on half of the "servers" the tournaments start on the hour, on the other half, they start at the bottom of the hour, so usually there is one starting every 30 mins.

I haven't had much luck getting into the speical "Monthly" tournaments and such. I try to register as soon as it opens, but it fills up so fast, I never seem to get in. Does anyone else have this problem? Do they have a solution?

Thanks
  • I do really like the tournaments and mostly play those playing the 15/30 limit game on the side or before tournament registration opens. Note, on half of the "servers" the tournaments start on the hour, on the other half, they start at the bottom of the hour, so usually there is one starting every 30 mins.
    Because of the "unlimited bankroll", I never play the ring games on Score, just the tourneys. I've also pretty much memorized the entire weekly schedule for the weekly and monthly qualifiers, and the regular 150's. My wife and I also use the 10-player SnG's and 2 computers so we can play together without always playing heads up (which she's gotten pretty good at).
    I haven't had much luck getting into the special "Monthly" tournaments and such. I try to register as soon as it opens, but it fills up so fast, I never seem to get in. Does anyone else have this problem? Do they have a solution?
    I get into 95% of the tourneys I've tried for, including the "hard ones". Basically, when a tournament opens for registration, it moves above "advertised" tourneys, but usually below running tourneys. For example, if the list shows:

1. Tourney 1 - In progress
    2. Semi-final - Reg closes Sunday
    3. Tourney 2 - Reg starts 1 min

you know tourney 2 will move to spot 2 once registration opens. So I keep the mouse hovered over spot 2, with one hand on mouse and other hand over enter key. As soon as the tourney moves spot (registration opens), I mouse click to open menu, mouse click to click register, and immediately press enter to confirm registration. If you do it fast enough, you will never even see the dialog box, but that's good. I've found that you have about 2-3 seconds to register, but with practice, it's not too hard.
  • Great, now I can use my video game skills to enter a poker tournament!!!!

When and where do you usually play, Trevor? I'd love to get into one with you and Jenn( and other Forum members)

JohnnieH
  • JohnnieH wrote:
    When and where do you usually play, Trevor? I'd love to get into one with you and Jenn( and other Forum members)
    See http://www.pokerforum.ca/forum/index.php?topic=5473.msg45388#msg45388 for my normal "schedule". However, the MTT's I normally play aren't very conducive to playing with someone. For that, we ususally drop down to the 10 or 20 player SnG's. We've also found that Server 3 has the least traffic (since no qualifiers), so it's easier to join a specific game with others there.

If you or anyone else is interested, we could try for an informal little tournament (maybe Monday or Wednesday night, sometime around 9?). Let me know if you're around/interested, and any other forum'ers who are interested in a "pride" tourney (no-money), just post in this thread. It would be a hoot to over-run a 20-player, and scare a few newbies. I'm a "pre-beginner" in the "real world", but on that site I'm one of the better players, so getting some of my betters in there would be really funny. The main problem is getting everyone into the same game (trying to identify which, and then registering quick enough), but I'm going to contact Score to see if it's possible to set up something private.

Just to throw down the gauntlet a little, I really hope some others might have some interest in this. While there's no money involved, hopefully bragging rights are enough to entice a few of you!
  • WTG. Those freerolls are good practice. I still play a few.

Video game skills for poker tourneys?

But NLHE Poker is a video game. GTA (Grand Theft Ante) heh