Options

Beware of Pokerroom.com The ultimate in fixed

This is a situation that a my friend got into on pokerroom and I would be very weary of putting any money into this site.

He was playing a $45 tournament to get into a higher buy in tourney to win a trip to the 5 Diamond WPT event.

He is sitting in BB with K10 os folded down to SB who calls

Flop 6 10 10.

SB bets out 300 my friend bet 1500 SB goes all in. My friend calls.

he flips K10 SB flips A6. turn a dud for both and river the same.

The pot is then moved to the SB hand and everyone starts to ask why this is happening with a losing hand. the hand history confirmed it and so my friend contacts technical support and they admit to the technical problem and say teh accounting department will get a hold of him to deal with it.

The next morning the accounting department say technical support was wrong and the hand was awarded correctly.
My friend then went in to check his hand and they altered the hand history to him having J10 and giving SB the runner runner flush.

I would be careful if you are thinking about joining this site. If they have to cover up a $45 buy in hand what other software setups/problems do they have.

Comments

• I vaguely recall pokerroom having a problem where the cards displayed on the client are different from the cards delt by the server..

So I don't believe this is an active "cover up" rather it's a bug in their client.
  • BBC Z wrote:
    I vaguely recall pokerroom having a problem where the cards displayed on the client are different from the cards delt by the server..

So I don't believe this is an active "cover up" rather it's a bug in their client.
    I'm not sure this makes it any better, since you bet what you see in the client. Losing due to a bug, client or server, and getting no refund is bad either way.
  • I have played (for $) almost exclusively on pr up to now.
    I too had a simliar situation where a pot (in a ring game) was incorrectly awarded.

Unfortunately, it was very late and I was very tired, so I just thought I was too tired to play,
    and wasn't paying attention, so I shut it down. I didn't take down the hand number (big mistake).

I would have never thought that such a big operation could have 'bugs' like this.

:(
  • Sounds kinda fishy for a big time site to have these issues. I highly doubt they would alter the hand history...I've been playing there off and on for the passed while and I've never seen or even heard of something like this (till now)
  • before I read the thread, I thought it may be one of those my AA got cracked kind of thread. kidding aside, thats sucks. I play on PR sometimes due to their extremely soft fields. Nothing happened to me yet, hopefully nothing will.
  • I used to play there alot back in the late 90's and early 2000 and I have to say I can remember a few times where I said to myself "? what the hell I swear I won that hand?" I would usually let it go as I figured I was tired etc.....you have to think that the system would never be wrong....I have heard many similar stories from peers and it makes a person wonder.
  • Update on this situation. I have to give pokerroom some credit in what they ended up doing next.

My friedn got a call a day after this controversy from the "owner" of pokerroom who was extremely apologetic of what happened and it appears that the technical support did not agree with the supervisor and went over his head.

Anyways a short and skinny of it was that there was a server error and the supervisor did alter the hand to reflect the outcome shown. The owner got wind of this and terminated the supervisor and awarded my friend a seat into the tourney he was playing for and a refund of his buy in for that tourney. The owner stated that they do stand by their software but the occasional glith does happen. UNder no circumstances should the supervisor have acted as he did. My friend ended up 24th with 2 seats being awarded to the 5 Diamond.

Congrats to pokerroom for their actions in this situation. It will restore some faith.
  • Thanks for posting the finale on this, Punky. This shows pokerroom in a much more flattering light, and shows they have (some) good technical staff, but more importantly, they have good business smarts and some ethics. Hats off to the owner (and to the "lowly" support staff who probably took the biggest risk by circumventing the"pointy-hair" to do the right thing, probably at the jeopardy of his job).