Okay... THIS is the worst beat ever (and I earned my nickname)

Hey all

So I'm playing a freeroll tournement at pokerroom.com, and everyone starts with (i think) 1500.... I have about 2500, it's only the third or fourth blind level, but one other guy is all in, pre-flop for maybe $240, I call with A-10o. Another guy behing me calls, he's got about 2000.

FLOP 5c 6s 7s

He checks to me, I bet at it, trying to buy it, about 600, and he re-raises to 1200 of his 1288. I call, but don't bother putting him in for the last 88 (Not sure why I called, may have had a spade, or maybe I thought he was just trying to re-buy it off me since he only raised the minimum)

TURN: 3h

Action's on him, he waits, waits waits... hold on a tick... is he actually? YES!!! He checks and is set away! I IMMEDIATELY raise, and he folds... about a second later he's back, and types <exploitive deleted> several times after it folded his A-4o.

River's a brick... the first allin guy takes 600 of the pot with A-Qo. I take the remainder side pot of about 2500ish, and the poor disocnnected guy is out next hand after having 80 bucks left. I feel dirty about doing it, and woulda been PISSED if it had happened to me, but in all fairness, it was a freeroll, so I didn't feel TOO badly.

Beat THAT story.

Mark

Comments

• I'm very tempted to try, but somehow I don't think it would affect anybody but you Mark :rage:
  • Pinhead wrote:
    I'm very tempted to try, but somehow I don't think it would affect anybody but you Mark  :rage:

Okay... YOU may be able to... grrr...

Mark
  • I'd be rotted that you didn't check the all in player out, insted of betting on nothing to a empty pot.
  • s.chafe wrote:
    I'd be rotted that you didn't check the all in player out, insted of betting on nothing to a empty pot.

Okay... I'm on my 2nd beer, but this doesn't make any sense to me.

Mark
  • "i'd be rotted" I believe means he'd be f'ing pissed that you didn't check the guy down, you greedy freerolling SOB...

Translated...he called you Dirty Whore, which you are...so, I'd take it as a compliment.
  • Similar thing happened to me on Pokerroom as well.  Got timed out preflop with my AA.  So now I can at least say I've folded AA preflop.  lol.  Thanks Pokerroom.

Coincidently I had put folding AA in my Pokah page as my greatest poker accomplishment.  But now I have tu change it from 'Just kidding' to 'No I'm serious'.

Mark I'm cdnmoose05 on pokerroom.  what's your screenname?
  • moose04 wrote:

Mark I'm cdnmoose05 on pokerroom.  what's your screenname?

I'm "Blerg" on pokerroom...

Mark
  • I'll look for you.  115/2000 today in the Lucky Buck.  Top 90 paid.  Nut flush cracked by boat on the river.  Grrr.

Then playing 1/2 limit my QQQAA, which was capped on the river by two flush hands got beat by AAA1010.  $55 pot. 

Pokerroom is fixed. :'(

ps Sorry about the beat I put on you at folded's.
  • moose04 wrote:

ps Sorry about the beat I put on you at folded's.

Was that the one where you needed to catch perfect twice for the straight, and did?

Meh.. .no biggie... :) Actually... that was the hand that's given me the incentive to take this week off of poker. Today's the first time I've thought about it since Friday, and I'm spotting some problems with my game. It's been good... though sinec Monday night's my normal online poker night, it was a little tricky! 8) When I come back, you're gonna have to suck me out with MUCH better hands than a straight!

Mark
  • Me too because I just played like crap that night. Switched to short handed holdem and some Omaha. Finished 2/2000 in a Omaha freeroll tourney last night and just crushing Pokerroom shorthanded 1/2 limit right now - thanks to Dave Scharf's advice and now I've got a copy of pokerkai's shorthanded chart. I'm going to play with that some more tonight.