10$/20$ Limit at Party

I just took a stab at this limit for the first time ever.  And I would have say that the play is somewhat scary, especially because people play hands that you you would see played in .50/1.00 and 1/2....i played extremely tight and whenever I had a hand I would raise it and take down a pretty nice pot since I find that people "want to keep you honest" and call to see your hand. the action is fast and furious though...anyone else dabble at these limits or higher?

Comments

• i sat down at a 10/20 by mistake once ;)

im actually planning on playing it tongiht, but at the CNE
  • play for another 100k hands and you might be posting something different
    the party 10/20 while not being a "tough" game, is hardly the fish fest your characterizing it to be, although its been quite some time since ive played it. I can only imagine its gotten tougher over the past year, as all the party games have.
  • maybe not a fish fest but... it was a very loose table.....
    its not often iv seen somone in early position raise with 2-6 offsuit at a 10/20 table
  • I think you must have found a lucky table, I took a brief shot at it this summer and I tend to agree with Kai, the games were nothing special. Even the 5/10 full games didn't seem that great, though occasionally you could find a good table. 5/10 6 max on the other hand....
  • ya, the shorthanded tables are MUCH fishier then the full