My first time on Pokerstars

So, I finally decided to make a deposit on PokerStars last night and give that site a try.
My tournament game has been improving and thought I would start looking into the member tournaments that are hosted there. I also have another reason that I will post later. (it has nothing to do with any other site)

Anyway, I should say that I have been playing exclusivley on UltimateBet for the last 2 years and have done quite well and really like the interface so I am biased.

I didn't like the interface at PokerStars, I found there was too much visual distraction to draw you away from your actual cards and chips. However, at the same time I do like having your own picture. It was a breeze to setup.

I also found the animations to be a bit slugish, maybe there is an option to tuen this off but I didn't really look last night.

I also found it difficult to find the games I was looking for. I like playing head's up and had a hard time finding for the right game.

Also, I deposited $50 and NO first time deposit bonus. I didn't like that. As I'm depositing I'm expecting something about a deposit bonus to pop up but none did and then I was done.

I did like the fact that I tripled up in about 20 minutes.

So overall, who cares if I don't like the interface when the site is paying off well. And as long as it keeps paying off I'll learn to love the interface.

Now, are the member tournaments open to anyone? How exactly do they work? Are they just a series of tourny's hosted on Pokerstars? When does the next season start? Or should I post this last bit in the member tournament section?

Comments

• $10 + $1 No-limit Holdem, for LeaderBoard points.

Tues, Aug 16, 9:30pm Eastern

At PokerStars, under Tourney -> Private -> "CPF $11 NLHE"

Password: leaderboard

ScottyZ

Taken from the member area...if you have $11.00 you are in. You can watch the Member section as they post all the details there. There is a Full Schedule there as well.
  • I think PokerStars is one of the leading Poker Sites on the net. They offer so many different games and offer then alot.

I love their Avatar, no TEDDY KGB look a likes unless thats your av. You can also block out the people. Hand History is very easy to view. Better tourney structure than most sites.

As for deposit bonus, they offer 4-5 reload bonuses which aren't hard to clear and are very stackable.
  • I gave PokerStars a good workout tonight and do appreciate it a little more now. Honestly I am still so used to UB that I stil prefer it though.

I like how they slow down the action when it's heads up. UB goes really fast.
    Plus I turned off the animation and things really sped up; eliminates some of the slugishness I have seen.

I still am having trouble finding the exact games I want.

I always like to play heads up matches and I find the pace a little slow for these games still.

But... I took my $50 tripled up to $150 last night and then doubled up to $300 tonight so things are going ok. However, if you read my other post about playing for my wife you would know I don't get to keep most of that money. But... she's thrilled..... so overall less naging :) and any site that can help accomplish that is alright with me.

I'm looking forward to partaking in the member tourny's but I think I will just hold off until Season 3 being as season 2 is almost over.