Hand Analysis Question

I just got rivered by a 1-outer on a rigged online poker site.

Did I play it right?

ScottyZ

Comments

• LOL. No...you should have anticipated the other player hitting his one-outer and have folded accordingly on the flop. :)

P.S. Funny thing during the $5.50R on PS the other day. I was all-in with QQ vs AKo. My Queens held up, and someone typed:

"What...no ace? Someone email support...somethings wrong."
  • I got something similar today too. Wasn't involved in the hand, but it was a satellite to WCOOP, and JJs held up over someone's AK suited, something wrote "something didn't get rivered on all-in, gotta contact support" (not exactly word for word, but very similiar as I don't remember what his exact wording was)
  • ScottyZ wrote:
    I just got rivered by a 1-outer on a rigged online poker site.

Did I play it right?

ScottyZ

You played it perfect.  The other guy was a complete and total donk.  I can't believe he called your pot-sized bet on the turn, thinking he had the best hand.  Don't worry though, it's people like that who make poker a beatable game, and you want them at your table.

;)
  • You played it perfect. The other guy was a complete and total donk. I can't believe he called your pot-sized bet on the turn, thinking he had the best hand. Don't worry though, it's people like that who make poker a beatable game, and you want them at your table.

Can we just make this the standard answer for every hand analysis question??
  • It is kind of funny, but constantly seeing these (and the responses) gives a lot of perspective.  At Zithal's tourney Wednesday, I was all-in thinking I was a big dog, but ended up being a monster lead, and he only had a 2-outer, which he hit, knocking me out (thanks Tye :) ).  The weird thing is that while I was disappointed that I was out, I wasn't as upset about getting totally raped by the the "odds gods".  Since I've only been playing for a few months, I think all the whining I've seen helped me to handle it a bit better.  While it sounds funny, I think all the bad-beat stories have actually made me handle my own bad beats better, so keep up the whining! :) 

Reverse-therapy works, but PCMIIW ( :D )
  • all_aces wrote:
    You played it perfect. The other guy was a complete and total donk. I can't believe he called your pot-sized bet on the turn, thinking he had the best hand. Don't worry though, it's people like that who make poker a beatable game, and you want them at your table.

;)

I knew it!

I am going to move up in limits so I can play against players who know how to play poker. How could I lose?

ScottyZ