your advice?

I have been playing no fold em on Party for a month and a half and am up $200 on the .50-1 tables...when could or should I consider moving up into the 1-2 tables? Are the players there THAT much better or are there just less bad players? Thanks for any help

Comments

• I doubt there is much difference between $0.50-$1 and $1-$2.

If you are willing to go back to your bank account for more money if you go broke, then go ahead and move up. If you are not willing to do that then you want 300 big bets. So, to play $1-2 you want $600 in your bankroll.
  • I doubt there is much difference between $0.50-$1 and $1-$2.

Actually, there is.. It's especially dramatic on the party network as all the bonus grinding rocks play 1/2 due to the rake structure.. (More hands are raked at 1/2 than .50/1).. at 2/4 you start seeing the regular LPP's again..
  • I wondered about that sort of possibility, but wasn't sure.

Interesting.
  • sorry, dont know what LPPs are?? how does the rake structure differ from .50-1 to 1-2 other than the higher percentage due to the higher pot? Thanks for your help
  • LPP = Loose-Passive players. As far as party rake structure, from what I recall, they start taking rake when the pot size hits $5 in both .50-1, and 1-2. In short at 1-2 almost every single pot is going to be raked (hence why bonus whores would play this game to clear bonuses).
  • I normally don't play like people are supposed to.

When I sit 5/10 live, I only usually have around a 200-300 bankroll, all of which is in play on the table.

Online, I regularly take a 100$ BR to the 1/2 tables and sit with all of it, why? I don't know.

I'm not much of a BR builder (though, I also don't just simply throw it away).

If you have 300-400, I say go for it, try it out and see what happens.

If you prefer the lower limits you can always move back down, if you still make a good ammount, heck move up more :D