Wader again

Watch him take it down at stars again tonight!!
GL Wader.

Comments

• $8,047.20!!! Very nicely done Wader!
  • congratz wader!

i think i might have called too  :'(

i think you had 86o for top pair

and flop went 4 :d: 2  :d: 6 :d:

and Andy134 re raised to $1,000,000

lucky sob had Q  :d: 7  :d:   :'(

$8000.00 not too shabby  :) i'll take that for sure  :D

cheers,
    CO  :c:
  • that is fanastic

did you win a seat or buy in directly, wader?
  • Wader. Jesus christ. two 215s FT on stars just like that wowow. Not many in that club.
    If you wanna spend some of your money going on a vacation, feel free to stop by amsterdam. I wanna hear what you know that i dont!

Grats again! (even though i know 9th feels worse than finishing 271th, u still made 8k dude!)

HG
  • Thanks Boys
    I hope nobody seen my final hand........everything about it was brutal. Confused one is right I had 68s. I think I was one off the button. I was just planing on stealing the blinds and I made a raise of only 2xBB (I wanted to make it look like I wanted a caller), and this was my first mistake because the BB was sitting on over a million in chips and would call this raise with pretty much any two cards. Flop comes 6 high all diamonds, so I hit top pair, he checks I through out a semi-feller and he pushes me in. My thinking here is he has a big diamond.......well I was half right because he had two them. I call.....I'm out.
    I told myself when I hit the money......just make it to the final table. When i hit the final table I think my subconcious mind took over and said "hey you said just make it to the final table....and thats all where doing tonight........so get those chips in their".
    I felt sick after my final hand and my girlfriend says "why are you so angry you just won another eight grand". I guess sometimes they just don't get it.
    The_Main.....yup I won my way in through a sattelite, I usually don't play in them unless I win my way in.
  • Wow, congrats Wader, impressive run. Being as I am far from the bankroll needed to be playing this tourney as a direct buy-in, what sats do you typically play to get into this? Turbos, rebuys, or FPP?
  • ScoobyD wrote:
    Wow, congrats Wader, impressive run. Being as I am far from the bankroll needed to be playing this tourney as a direct buy-in, what sats do you typically play to get into this? Turbos, rebuys, or FPP?

I generally think the $3+R (or $5+R) satellites are the way to go. I often play these sats myself simply to build up some T$ to use, not even necessarily to enter the big one. You'll still find a surprising number of "auto all-in" stack builders during the rebuy period. A debatable straetgy in a standard tourney, building a giant initial stack at all (monetary) costs makes absolutely no sense in a flat payout structure.

The MTT FPP sats are usually not good value for the FPP, but the FPP SNG's are more reasonable. Whatever you are considering, compute for yourself the value of the FPP you are using. Fair value for FPP runs around $10-$15 per 1,000 FPP, and I find that many FPP MTT's give you inferior value to that. (And the award for the paragraph with the most TLA's goes to...)

As an aside, the FPP sats which feed directly into the WCOOP events tend to be pretty good value for the FPP. In dramatic contrast, the FPP -> FPP sats are typically a horrible deal.

For way more discussion of FPP tournaments than anyone could possibly ever want, try

http://www.pokerforum.ca/forum/index.php?topic=3671.msg30769#msg30769

And I don't think I'll ever understand why a good poker player would voluntarily play in a Turbo tourament. But if Turbo's your thing, go for it.

I almost forgot: WOW wader... wtg! :cool:

ScottyZ
  • I usually get in through the $27 single table sattelites.
  • I think the $36+3 on Sunay 1130 ET are one of the easiest to get in. You just have to play patient poker and accumule your chips uo to the 7-8K range and just blind yourself into the money.
  • Thats a very interesting post Tilter....blinding your way into the seat. I wonder if anyone has done some sort of an analysis on this to see exactly what your ship stack must be with blind levels and the number of entrants to see if you could basically walk away from the table and still be gauranteed a seat.

Wader