Very short tournament report

As soon as I saw my cards for Hand#1 I knew I was going bust. I guess I shouldn't complain. I wanted to project the image of an ass that was trying to push the table around and, I guess with his all-in call, it worked!

*********** # 1 **************
PokerStars Game #2127448512: Tournament #9858512, Hold'em No Limit - Level I (10/20) - 2005/07/17 - 22:17:00 (ET)
Table '9858512 121' Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: Zithal (1500 in chips)
Seat 2: ALRIC17 (1500 in chips)
Seat 3: usef (1500 in chips)
Seat 4: Big Eddie1 (1500 in chips)
Seat 6: pfsp (1500 in chips)
Seat 7: cheeks222 (1500 in chips)
Seat 8: True Amateur (1500 in chips)
Seat 9: micool (1500 in chips)
ALRIC17: posts small blind 10
usef: posts big blind 20
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Zithal [Ac Ad]
Big Eddie1: calls 20
pfsp: calls 20
cheeks222: folds
True Amateur: calls 20
micool: calls 20
Zithal: raises 180 to 200
ALRIC17: folds
usef: folds
Big Eddie1: calls 180
pfsp: folds
True Amateur: calls 180
micool: calls 180
*** FLOP *** [Jd 3d 5s]
Big Eddie1: checks
True Amateur: checks
micool: bets 100
Zithal: raises 1200 to 1300 and is all-in
Kidstock is connected
Big Eddie1: folds
True Amateur: folds
micool: calls 1200 and is all-in
*** TURN *** [Jd 3d 5s] [8h]
*** RIVER *** [Jd 3d 5s 8h] [Kc]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
micool: shows [Kh 3h] (two pair, Kings and Threes)
Zithal: shows [Ac Ad] (a pair of Aces)
micool collected 3450 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 3450 | Rake 0
Board [Jd 3d 5s 8h Kc]
Seat 1: Zithal (button) showed [Ac Ad] and lost with a pair of Aces
Seat 2: ALRIC17 (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 3: usef (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 4: Big Eddie1 folded on the Flop
Seat 6: pfsp folded before Flop
Seat 7: cheeks222 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: True Amateur folded on the Flop
Seat 9: micool showed [Kh 3h] and won (3450) with two pair, Kings and Threes

Comments

• When I first saw this, I thought, there are so many things wrong with this hand.

Then I realized this was on pokerstars, home of the seriously bad beat.

The guy calls a huge raise pre-flop with K3s. Hits his 3 but misses his suit and calls an all-in anyway. I guess he picked up on the huge overbet. Too funny!

I shouldn't talk, I just busted out of a $30 tourney on Pacific on the first hand. I was dealt AKs. Hit the K on the flop. Looked good but it turned out the BB had AA. Go figure...
  • Be careful what you wish for... ;)

I like the overbet, FWIW.
  • what i love is that you raise to 200 on the first hand and still get 4 people to come along for the ride.
  • I would have pushed all-in preflop on the first hand of the tournament with aces.

If everyone folds to you, they think yer crazy

If someone calls, you double up.
    Then I realized this was on pokerstars, home of the seriously bad beat.

Let it go already. If you think stars is any worse than any other online card room, you don't play enough poker.
  • Let it go already. If you think stars is any worse than any other online card room, you don't play enough poker.

well put. try ub on for some swings if you are bored. :)
  • So, last night I'm playing a small $5 SnG and in the second level I, once again, pick up the dreadful monster AA. I'm on the button.

I don't have the hand history, but we're at the 15/30 level, so it's early, a few hands ago I picked up a nice little pot and am sitting at 1,800 in chips (above average).

Four callers to the flop, I raise to 180 and get two people calling (both of which I have covered). Flop comes JT7 rainbow.

First player bets 100, second player raises all-in. With that flop, there's lots that I'm scared of, 98, flopped trips, JT and a couple of straight draws, so I read the over bet as either a monster or a draw. I'll be down to 400 if I call, (which at the level we're at still leaves plenty of room to get back into it.)

So, I decide to gamble and re-raise all-in to isolate. First player thinks, then mucks, and the other players turns over his cards....

T7 offsuit for two pair. That was an excellent call of 6x the BB with T7o. I guess with me calling his all-in his impied odds were pretty darn good.

The poker gods, tired at seeing me constantly ousted by Aces, delivers the miracle two-outer on the turn and I survive (eventually winning it).

Sometimes I'm very tempted to click the "Sit-out" button until level 4 or 5.

(On an aisde, at one point, down to 4 players, one player was a MASSIVE stack in comparison, but was the very definition of weak tight; he never tried to steal blinds, he only raised if he had the goods, and would fold the flop to a decent bet if he didn't hit it hard... I nicknamed him my ATM machine. "Crap!! I just lost a pot to a good player, I better isolate myself against the chip leader so I can get some of it back!!")
  • Best cure for that is to head for Brantford. Sun I busted out of punkymisha's tourney with AA against Mario's 2 pr as second person out of 17. Brooded until opening a 2-5 table at Brantford the next day and walking away 5 hours later as the only player up chips, stuffing three chip racks full. (Including a win with AA).
  • Zithal wrote:
    $5 SnG
    say no mo
  • pkrfce9 wrote:
    Zithal wrote:
    $5 SnG
    say no mo

I know, I know. It's just too much fun to play in a format where you consistantly money. Plus, I'm a bankroll conserving wuss, dontchaknow.
  • harthgosh wrote:

Let it go already. If you think stars is any worse than any other online card room, you don't play enough poker.

well put.  try ub on for some swings if you are bored.  :)

Ummmmmmmmm........i can't be bothered to look for it, but aren't u the guy that was building an airtight case based on a gazillion hands and numerous Pythagorean theorems (were there more than 1 Scotty?) which would forever prove that Pokerstars was not quite on the level?

What gives...either you have given up the crusade or you have proof that all sites are equally corrupt and equally clean. Status update please....
  • I was being too gentlemanly to bring that up. But...in keeping with the conspiracy theory, I'll suggest Lee got to him.
  • pkrfce9 wrote:
    I was being too gentlemanly to bring that up. But...in keeping with the conspiracy theory, I'll suggest Lee got to him.

You sir, are a WISEASS.
  • Most likely true. But I am curious about the change in tune.