Playing with a maniac

Recently I have played with 2 maniacs - both times to my left
Once on a $20+2 No limit HE Shorthanded SNG and once in a $1 -$2 Limit HE
Tried my best to be patient, wait for a stellar hand, and push him out or take his money but...
Both times I just got crushed
Once his 9/10os beat my AK when he pushed all in against my BB in the SNG
Left me shortstacked and he was out 2 hands later via another player
And in the ring game his K4os crushed my JJ once we capped action pre flop
Flop came K4J
Turn K
River 4

This guy ran up a $8 dollar stack to $40ish in 20 minutes constantly raising and re-raising with terrible holdings

Realize these are just bad beats - but do you just hope these guys sit at your table again, and you get the best of him or is there any other way to play them that I missed?

Thanks
Scots

Comments

• I hope you see them again.  This could have been posted in the Team Canuck section as well.  I think either is fine.
    If you had posted in the other section - let's see if I don't butcher this - Dave Scharf may have wrote you have to learn to embrace losing.
    He has said this even before WSOP 2005.
    Now how about playing with more than one maniac?

I myself lost a bunch of money at SupremePoker in 2/4 NL last night.  Most of it was profit I've made there anyway.  I've requested my last 5 hands to ensure even though I lost money, I made the right play.  I think it was the wildest table I've ever played at.  There was incredible variance / chips swings.  I can't wait to get back to those tables!
  • AK will beat T9 offsuit only a portion of the time. A "percentage" if you will. Therefore, it will also LOSE the OTHER portion of the time. Its that simple. He got lucky and won, but he will lose "more often" if he keeps that s**t up. And you said he got busted out a few hands later - there you have it! I think you can punish aggressive players by being aggressive back, with premium holdings. You can even re-bully them with any two cards, if you can make them think you've got a lock or something.

my 2 cents...
  • bump :d: