I'm out

It's no fun to have to say, "I just beat 4,000 guys in a poker tournament and got nothing for it," but that's the fact.

I'm out.

And, tragically, I deserve it.

I never got anything going today. I got up to $60K right away. Ground down to $50K. Blew off $18K of that on a brutal play. Then, I did get focussed and play pretty well for about four hours. I was completely card dead today. I had AQ once and JJ once. That was it. So, a think a combination of adrenaline (I had just won two small ones) and impatience resulted in the disaster that is my final hand.

I played my final hand like a complete RUBE. I should still be sitting there. I defeated myself. Sigh.

The monkey mind went blank. I'm out.

I will update Bob's progress tomorrow morning (as well as have a longer report from today). But, I will probably fly home tomorrow if I can change my flight. So, I will be leaving Bob and Teri on their own. I will get Bob to email me his results and update things that way.

Comments

• Really sorry to hear you're out Dave, was watching for your updates on here and really enjoying them... Keep the chin up.. Jeff..
  • Very sad to hear...we're sure you still did Canada proud!!!! Good luck next year!!
  • Though financially a bust. You made a lot of friends and new readers here on the forum Dave. Your reports were entertaining and I for one will miss them. Many of us were there with you if only by a thread.
    Don
  • That sucks almost as much as another bad beat at pokerstars. Sorry to hear you're done.

Sounds like you had fun, though.
  • Great job, Dave.

You were entertaining, and conducted yourself with the skill and class we've come to expect.

You'll get 'em next year.

In the meantime, Go Bob Go! :D

macbb

P.S. Let us know how Bob, magithighs, and anyone else from the forum is doing, if you find out.
  • Dave,

Your reports were fantastic. I'm sorry to hear that you are out.
    I'm sure you represented yourself well and in the spirit of 'the glass is half full' there is always next year.

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us.
  • Just had supper with Bob. He as $82K and the average is about $50K.

Go Bob Go!
  • screenman wrote:
    Though financially a bust. You made a lot of friends and new readers here on the forum Dave. Your reports were entertaining and I for one will miss them. Many of us were there with you if only by a thread.
    Don

Absolute DITTO. Thanks for taking the time to keep us updated. They were very entertaining. GO BOB GO!!!!!
  • My condolences, Dave. Any word on Lou?
  • I'm looking at the final chip count from Sunday and I see...

452 Bob Jarrett 38,800 Chips

I don't see Lou or Adrienne :(

566 players left, 6 more til the money.. GO, BOB!!!!!
  • Sorry to hear the news Dave. We were all pulling fer ya bud.
    Luck to Bob and Magi.

Two thoughts now come to mind.....

Where to find a card cover of a beaver choking a monkey...?

How to convince Bejing to add a "Year of the Beaver" to
    their +4000 year old calendar...? (an oversight, I'm sure!)
  • Sorry to hear you are out Dave - reading your reports was awesome, almost felt like I was there.

Well - here's to beating 4,000 other people ! Cheers !