he flipped over KQ

damn! :'(  turn and river no help  :'(

why couldn't I lay it down?  :'( why?  :'(

9th totally sucks :'(

feedback please

thx,
CO  :c:

Comments

• I'd go broke most likely if I don't fold preflop. Better 9th than 4th.
  • I think if people posting here are honest, you might find that many of us would go bust (or damn close) with a hand like that and a flop like that.
    Kickers are always something to keep your eye on, and typically it is more common that your opponent would not have the other Queen.
    Too bad, but that's poker. Also, I have seen online players move in on me when they do not have the Queen (in this case), sometimes just the Ace and sometimes
    a lower pocket pair ! I don't fault you too much for calling.
  • Tough one to lay down. If I do play that hand I probablly limp in(and go broke).......the UTG limp scares me. If I raise preflop and get action from anyone I'm in tough shape. Lets assume the flop comes Q94 rainbow.......UTG is going to take a decent portion of your stack. If there is nobody in the pot I might consider raising from MP but would much rather raise from LP with this hand. I read an article that talked about blind stealing, it said that if you are in Middle/Late position be aware that if its folded to you the chances are much better that someone behind you has an A. Now obviously you where not on a blind steal but why did you raise.....did you want to isolate the UTG, if you did you're hand is not strong enough (any two face cards beat you) and you still have people to act behind you. I think the problem is playing this hand from this position when there is allready someone in the pot.

Wader
  • I go broke.

On the other hand... I might call the flop/turn/river. If I do, I might survive because my opponent may bet too little fearing that my call is strong.
    Thi
    But, I probably go broke in a SNG. Espcecially in a SNG. In a quick tournament you can't pass good opportunities. This looks like a good opportunity (although, of course, it is the reverse).