Party Step Tounrneys

Has anyone placed in step 5 or won it for that matter....i can usually make it to step 3 but for some reason i cant break that barrier...how is everyone else doing who is playing them?

Comments

• Played 1 step 5 on party finished 8th A single table
    played 2 step 4's on prima last two days and got 6th and 8th in them...

about the closest I've came
  • I just started trying these and won my first round 1 on prima, on to round 2 now..

stp
  • well let me know how you guys do im very interested...ill post my results if i can make it to step 5!!
  • I have made it as far as step 5 and got bounced around a bit.
    Back to 3, then 2 and out.

I will try it one or two more times.
  • First time I tried the original single table steps had success advancing to the next level each time. After about 5 straight hours of play ended up 2nd on step 5 for $2500 I think it was.

Playing around with the mini steps and WSOP steps when I have an hour to spare or so now. Very good practice for SNG's style for such a little investment.   
  • I made it to Step 5 twice, straight up to step five both times, after stumbling on step 1 two or three times.  First one I place 2'nd.  Second I was out in 13'th or something like that.  I found that the first step was the hardest. What I like to do, is play the limit tourney on the first step (helps avoid the wachos who can build massive stacks), and then step 2 is more reasonable. You can then use the freeroll in the NL step.

I didn't have one strategy, but the underlying theme was not to go broke early, including folding AK/AQ/QQ/JJ to heavy action.  Try and get to 2K to get to the final table.  And, then pick your spots.

Cheers
    Magi
  • I've got 2nd in a Party Step 5 once earlier this year. I'm starting to play the mini steps now and have money'd once already.