Pokerstars Home games thread (for Covid19 distraction)

Comments

• Plus Tuesday has those food bank charity games but interest has been dwindling
  • If you look at the spreadsheet, I record the number of entries and rebuys for each game. You can do your own analysis but the NL games get the best turnouts. I will definitely leave the Horse as it is because it gets it's regular 8 or 9 pretty well every week.
  • I think you might be right Jeff maybe only doing three games a week might have better turnout
  • Will do one more week as it is now, with the 5 card Omaha added on Tuesdays at 8 and decide from there. In the meantime all suggestions welcome but remember the idea is to get more entries not less.
  • strip poker???
  • MrCaspan wrote: »
    strip poker???

tmi with this crew...Mario, Mark, Woog, DataMn?????? and moi?
    woog30
  • edited June 2020
    :)
  • Not enough players at 7 pm tonight, game cancelled.
  • edited June 2020
    Somehow the 'Pringles can' came in third place & the winner won every hand he played.

9guybfg7ddn1.png
    j8k06avz1uxn.png
    as7nv3pk0zxr.png
    ecwjv7xpvn00.png
    0ddrhpvq728q.png
    l33pkv4hvuy4.png
    2kvll65edz7a.png
  • Somehow your images are broke?
  • they look normal to me, other than an incredible run good.. It happens..
  • now they show lol... I'm still drunk from Saturday night
  • MrCaspan wrote: »
    now they show lol... I'm still drunk from Saturday night

You need to deposit and play some poker.
  • compueasecompuease Admin
    edited June 2020
    Ok, only 3 showed up for tonights PLO game and since PLO games seem to be struggling to get even 1 table how about we change it up somewhat? Next week I will move the 5 card Omaha game to Mondays to replace PLO and let's try some varied games on Wednesdays which currently is PLO. Stars has added quite a few new games we can try. Pick you poison for Wednesdays. We can even change them up each Wednesday if we like. Keep in mind if we pick obscure games like Badugi or 2-7 triple draw we likely won't get enough entries. I'm going to keep cancelling games that don't have at least 6 players by shortly before start. Please sign up early, if you do sign up days ahead then can't play and can't get on to cancel by say 15 min ahead of game time, contact me by pm, email or text and I will boot you or if I can't you won't be charged the $5. However if you sign up, don;t play and don't let me know you will be charged.
    axxbqyu7bi3d.jpg
    edited June 2020
    Please give me your opinion on what you would like on Wednesdays asap. FYI, Thursdays NL and Horse will stay as is since there are a small core if Horse fans but it seems to be dwindling as well..

Fusion and Showtime look interesting to me and would love to try both if we can get interest..

Let's not let this all die just because nice weather is here.
  • I think the weather is better, covid apparently clearing up and a game everyday are the reasons for slowing down. NLH seems to be the game of choice as I see even The core horse players starting to let Thursday die.
    I look forward to Tuesday nights and Friday nights. Tuesday for the LEAP charity game for the food bank at 8 , the plo 5 card at 730 and the double stack NLH at 8 as well. Friday cause I have no life with 2 toddlers and covid and I like the double stack.
    Maybe change that game to $20?
    Also scrap Sunday,Monday and Wednesday games. My 5 cents.
    Wolffhound
  • If any ones plays in any other homes games Online and is looking for players, pls let me know.
  • I think NL is the most popular for sure, but maybe a couple of nights, offer a secondary game as well.
    Personally, I would say continue offering games every night and then if they don't run, cancel. I know it's a lot to have you on every night Jeff, so maybe make a couple of others admin so that there is someone to cancel - or if there are not whatever minimum is decided, then the game is just for fun (like HORSE was a couple weeks ago).
  • niks1 wrote: »
    I think NL is the most popular for sure, but maybe a couple of nights, offer a secondary game as well.
    Personally, I would say continue offering games every night and then if they don't run, cancel. I know it's a lot to have you on every night Jeff, so maybe make a couple of others admin so that there is someone to cancel - or if there are not whatever minimum is decided, then the game is just for fun (like HORSE was a couple weeks ago).

I agree with niks regarding running every night and cancelling if necessary. If you start running only 3 or 4 nights people will forget which night is which and you might end up with even fewer runners.
    niks1
  • No Game tonight, only 2 at start time.. Will have to figure out what we do for next week. May try fusion and showtime in place of the Monday and Wednesday PLO games.
  • Big overhaul going on. Thanks comp
    edited July 2020
    lol, you see that huh..? Ok everyone, I have dropped the PLO on Mondays and Wednesdays, moved the 5 card Omaha from Tuesday as the 2nd game to the only game on Mondays at 7:30 and added in Showtime holdem in Wednesday, regular blinds and no rebuys until we see if we like it. I have also made the Thursday NL game a rebuy since that seems the most popular.
    Showtime Hold-em
    What makes Showtime Hold’em different, is that every card folded by any player remains face-up and visible for the rest of the hand. This includes all cards folded pre- and post-flop.

Perhaps in the future we would like to try 6 card Omaha to really freak everyone out or perhaps Fusion, see below.
    Fusion PL Omaha
    At the start of each hand, players are dealt two hole cards, and before the flop the game plays like Texas Hold’em. Additionally, five community (or ‘board’) cards will be dealt: three on the flop, one on the turn and another on the river, with betting rounds after each is dealt.
    When the flop is dealt, players still in the hand receive a third hole card. Remaining players on the turn then receive a fourth and final hole card. Players do not receive another hole card when the river is dealt.
    thisORthat
  • edited July 2020
    Showtime looks like fun. Hopefully we get some players with the great summer starting. The real question is if tonight’s game is going to run.
  • edited July 2020
    I got distracted by a pizza delivery. Somehow villain got the same pocket pair twice in a row.

6kbr2c4j8tgr.png

4gv2vnu491bv.png
    pbvedjgxnw9b.png

• Wrong screenshot. Told you to take the chop.
  • Wrong screenshot. Told you to take the chop.

edited out the wrong screenskot, DJ retracted his offer once the stacks were even. Also, blocked chat because I didn't feel like being nagged by virtual rail rats. Having to answer the door for pizza delivery kinda distracted me.
  • rail rats... LOL
    thisORthat
  • edited June 2021
    Is poker etiquette online the same as offline?
  • edited July 2020
    congrats to comp on another win...

jkvdu5cvyxnu.png
  • Sorry about this but I don't know if I will be able to be back in time to play tonight. Can someone who is playing please keep track of rebuys for me? Gogie, niks, etc?