A good day at Niagara

After a bad run of recent poker games (ie: busting out first at Matt's and Glenn's on my first buy in), DJ and I headed to Niagara on Sunday. It was a good move for me! Bought into $1/$3 for $200 and left with $1250!

We had an action table, which was actually great for me as I was catching some good hands!

Some memorable hands:
- I think I was UTG and looked down at pocket 10's. Raised to $10 and had 6 callers. Flopped a set. :) This table clearly didn't know that I don't play a lot of hands and am "pre-flop" selective. I bet $35 and had an all in shove to $116, which I snap called. My set held up.

- BB - raise before me to $35 - 4 callers - now, I played this wrong and just flat called (after the hand, the guy to my right - DJ - let me know that) LOL. I bet $100 on the flop and had a snap call. We both checked the turn and I bet $100 on the river and he called. KK held up. DJ may remember the board, I think there was a possible straight there

- very next orbit, I am UTG and look down at KK again. I did a small raise to $12. There were 2 or 3 callers and then an all in for $58 and another all in for over $200. At this point I had about $900. UTG+2 is the big stack with at least $1400 at this point. I asked for a count of the all in, mainly to calm myself down, knowing I was going to need to shove my whole stack. It was $240ish I think. So I shove and the big stack thinks for way too long for my liking, saying he has his favourite hand and eventually folds. Everyone else folds. The other hands are JJ and another KK. Big stack says he folded AJ. Ace hits the river and I am so happy that he had folded. I think if he called my all in, I would have passed out. I think when I announced all in that DJ may have stopped breathing for a moment. :)

- another hand I had JJ - raised to $15 and had 5 or 6 callers. Flopped a set, bet $40 and everyone folded.

All in all, a good day!

Comments

• Very good job !
  • I have seen Nicole play well but this was, by far, her best cash game session that I have seen her play. What she is not mentioning is the good laydowns she made as well. Flopped top two pair (QT) on a Q-T-7 board, 8 turn and 3 river - Nicole folded to a river bet of $80 into a $100 pot - villain showed J-9
    -
    Niagara should be fun this weekend !
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    I have seen Nicole play well but this was, by far, her best cash game session that I have seen her play. What she is not mentioning is the good laydowns she made as well. Flopped top two pair (QT) on a Q-T-7 board, 8 turn and 3 river - Nicole folded to a river bet of $80 into a $100 pot - villain showed J-9
    -
    Niagara should be fun this weekend !

just so you know...... Niagara is closed from noon on Friday..... all poker will be at Fallsview on the Canadian side.
  • Good stuff!
  • just so you know...... Niagara is closed from noon on Friday..... all poker will be at Fallsview on the Canadian side.

Yes sir, been saving my pennies. $1100 on Sunday, Day 1A - Seneca on Monday - Day 2 on Tuesday, then 2/5 cash games
  • So who’s playing tomorrow’s satellite besides me?
  • just so you know...... Niagara is closed from noon on Friday..... all poker will be at Fallsview on the Canadian side.

No. Saturday 15th at noon cash and sts start at Fallsview.
  • 13CARDS wrote: »

thanks Carl.
  • Card Dead wrote: »
    So who’s playing tomorrow’s satellite besides me?

tried...... but the girl said it was sold out.
  • tried...... but the girl said it was sold out.

Officially sold out
  • 13CARDS wrote: »

WTG Mike. 😒
    #fakenews