(K/W) The Compound - $20 Weeknight Turbo NLHE - Wed, Nov 13th - 7pm

The 2019 season is coming to a close and this will likely be the third last event of the season. I'll try to get the remaining events posted this week, but this is my best estimate for a save the date..
  • Wed, Nov 27th - Our final weeknight event; this will very likely be a fun event with a different game; possibly PLO, Badugi, or something else interesting.
  • Sat, Dev 14th - "The Closer" - a $50 end of year Deep Stack tournament. This will be the last event that will give out points and, after this event, will will crown the 2019 Player of the Year. (My apologies to Moose for the double-book. If I had any other date available, I'd take it. Since we're starting at 2pm I do encourage people that bust early to consider his Omahahahahahaha game which starts at 7pm!)
  • Dec/Jan - Tournament of Champions - We'll likely host a smaller, friendly game with invites sent out to all 2019 winners.
  • Mid Jan - Merry Xmas Madness returns. (date TBD)
  • Feb - The start of the 2020 Season!

I am getting ahead of myself. This is about Event #9!!
Bristol Street Poker at the Compound presents...

:s::h: THE NOVEMBER TURBO - 2019 - EVENT #9 :c::d:
NLHE Tournament
(with Big Blind antes)
Wed, Nov 13th - 7:00pm
(doors open at 6:30pm)

$20 Buy-in - 15 Min blinds - 5,000 Chips - 32 player max.

$$$ Pay-outs $$$
1st place - 45%
2nd place - 25%
3rd place - 15%
4th place - 10%
5th place - 5%
(1 Table - Top 2, 2 Tables - Top 3, 3 Tables - Top 4)
Late players: If you know you're going to be late, let me know and a seat and chips will be set out for you and you will post blinds and fold until you arrive.

If you do not let me know that you'll be late, we'll keep your chips out for a level and then remove then. You can buy in when you show up, but will pay a penalty of 4 rounds of blinds/ante per level (or partial level you miss)

The tournament will last approximately 4 hours. Seating is limited to 32 players with alternates. (8 max tables) Please reserve your seat in advance!! The final table will form with 9 players left.

As always, tournaments at The Compound are rake-free!!

Reserves:

1. Zithal
2. Will R
3. Origami
4. King Mob
5. EdTheTed
6. JJGrubster
7. Ranger
8. Shapiro
9. Nordique
10. labeach2002
11. MrCaspan
12. Pizzle
13. DrTyore
14. Beanie42
15. Kanga
16. ThisOrThat
17. Waltsfriend

Comments

• sure I'll donate $20, I have to defend last place!!!
  • In!! Might have a +1 will hopefully know Monday!
  • r.s.v.p. pour uno s'il vous plaît
  • Final bump for the night!
  • Sign me up please.
  • [MENTION=17938]thisORthat[/MENTION] do you need a ride?
  • Super late with the updates!! People played poker, most were eliminated, some even cashed. In the end, waltsfriends defeated Shapiro for the title!

Official Results:

1st - waltsfriend ($170) - 41 points
    2nd - Shapiro ($100) - 29 points
    3rd - DrTyore ($70) - 24 points
    4th - Will R (BUBBLE) - 21 points
    5th - labeach2002 - 18 points
    6th - beanie42 - 17 points
    7th - Origami - 16 points
    8th - MrCaspan - 15 points
    9th - Kanga
    10th - Zithal
    11th - thisOrThat
    12th - Pizzle
    13th - Nordique
    14th - King Mob
    15th - JJGrubster
    16th - EdTheTed
    17th - Ranger

With these results, the Player of the Year race is tightening up!! While EdTheTed is still in front, he needs that 4th point to give himself some breathing room as Shapiro is now 1 point away, Zithal is 3 points and Origami is 7 points. Even a win from waltsfriend, who jumped from 20th to 8th, would put her in 1st!

What looked to be a given, after EdTheTed winning the first two events, is now heating up into a exciting race with 2 events to go!

2019 Player of the Year - TOP 10 (full results)

<style type="text/css"><!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}--></style>
    <tbody>
    Current
    Prev
    Player
    TOTAL POINTS

EdTheTed

Shapiro

Zithal

Origami

labeach2002

beanie42

MrCaspan