What Would You Do?

Here is another what would you do post. I like to pick random hands from the week and just ask what others would do in my position. Then after a few days I post the result of the hand.

In this case I was at a 45 person Multi Table Tournament i have about 2 hours invested and this situation lands on my lap. Blinds are 300-600, I am BB, UTG opens with a 2x BB bet, Small Blind pushes all in. If the guy had not stacked me I was going to stack but he got it in ahead. You can see my stats for the tournament below me, VPIP/Hands Played and under that my BB left. The stats for the villan's are for every hand I have played them not just this tournament. It's final table and you are covered by both players. What would you do?

Annotation 2019-06-08 223943.png

Comments

• If I am reading this correctly blinds are 300-600 and you have 30 big blinds......

Auto fold. I would consider a call with pocket 6’s or 7’s and I would call pocket 8’s or better. I am pretty sure I would fold fives and under.
  • This is an easy fold, at best you are flipping or worse, dominated. No need to gamble in this spot.
  • gotta agree, I would need an obvious read in this situation, like he accidentally flipped over his 2's before I call.
  • So I thought exactly the same as everyone else as [MENTION=760]djgolfcan[/MENTION] put it "flipping or worse, dominated" I did fold. This is how the board ran out after my folder. UTG made the call

Annotation 2019-06-08 224048.png

here is the preflop hand calculations

Annotation 2019-06-10 143043.png

I would have beat both of them in this case. But as someone once told me "Just because you got off the bus at the wrong stop and found a $100, it does not mean you did something right!" I ended up battling for another 20 minutes and went out 3rd in the tournament!
  • 14% is way too tight. You need to steal more to stay alive in a tournament.
  • moose wrote: »
    14% is way too tight. You need to steal more to stay alive in a tournament.

I was getting absolutely nothing this game and I was also watching a movie so I was not 100% paying attention. I am normally in the 25% range over 100 hands in the MTTs

I also have a metric in my HUD that is BB fold to SB percentage. If it's over 65% it's an instant 3 x BB against them.