Site suggestion thread

Comments

• Okay the mobile view has been fixed and simplified. There is now just a link at the bottom of every page to switch to Desktop View (Full Site) and at the bottom of every Desktop page there is an option to switch to the mobile view. Another one off this list!!
  • I am testing a tagging system here. I have to adjust its style so it does not look so ugly at the top of the post. But just testing to see if this will work good. [MENTION=6432]trigs[/MENTION] do you see this? Did you get a notification that says you were tagged? [MENTION=1053]compuease[/MENTION], [MENTION=1123]moose[/MENTION] trying to see if you get a notice either. Can someone try tagging me please
  • Got notification.
  • [MENTION=6432]trigs[/MENTION] can you tag me in the post?
  • Sure [MENTION=18905]MrCaspan[/MENTION]
  • [MENTION=6432]trigs[/MENTION] Can you tag me in an old post that I am not a part of? Like a really old thread for an old cash game? Don't reply to the thread but at the top of the thread there is a tag option youll see it because its yellow and ugly. Want to see if i get an email? I got the email that says you replied to the thread but never got one saying I was mentioned but that could be because i am part of the thread already
  • Didn't see a notification in mobile view.
  • I got the tag in desktop view But i almost never use that and the button to switch back to mobile view is really small and hard to find.
  • Did you get an email at all about the tag [MENTION=1123]moose[/MENTION]?
  • I either have emails off or they are being sent to my pokerforum.ca email, which, does it even work anymore? (Don't want it fixed, if it is gone)
  • MrCaspan wrote: »
    [MENTION=6432]trigs[/MENTION] Can you tag me in an old post that I am not a part of? Like a really old thread for an old cash game? Don't reply to the thread but at the top of the thread there is a tag option youll see it because its yellow and ugly. Want to see if i get an email? I got the email that says you replied to the thread but never got one saying I was mentioned but that could be because i am part of the thread already

Done.
  • moose wrote: »
    Also I don't think Thread Jail is supposed to be visible...cue everyone going and checking it out...

Yeah you are correct, I have fixed it but there is nothing special there other than reported threads in case anyone wants to know. SO people can view SPAM yeah!!!
  • just testing the tagging feature:

FU [MENTION=6432]trigs[/MENTION]
  • and the abuse starts already!
    and the abuse starts already!

See what I have had to put up with for all these years,,,, lol, welcome to the admin/moderator world..
  • On one hand it's actually funny (Sorry [MENTION=6432]trigs[/MENTION]) on the other, it is abuse... we will need to start using those infraction buttons :)
  • Well ill leave the tagging on for now and see what blows up from it! It seems to be working okay. I want to make a way for a drop down to show when you type the @ symbol but one step at a time.
  • Also I added a Sub Forum for Kitchener/Waterloo/Cambridge area And made it so Local games shows up higher in the forum as this is its primary use right now. I have moved threads into their category! If you feel like your area needs a sub forum please speak up and Jeff and I will discuss if your area has enough games to justify its own sub forum!
  • I hate it
  • Any feedback or just you hate it, or being silly? Looking for opinions!
  • As you have already noticed by archiving all games older than one year into yet another subforum, a game's relevance diminishes once the event date passes. If there are so many games listed that active games go past a single screen, I could see the point. As it is, I strongly do not like having to click through so many subforums looking for games.
  • Well i don't have to put older games in a sub forum.. that's was just a quick way to clean up older games. they can live on forever in the forum they were created in. That's not an issue to me! I want the old threads there for looking back up also!
  • I'm cool with one single home game listings section. Not enough traffic to need all the subforums. Pretty sure we've never had more than 5 home games listed at one time at most.
  • Maybe regular clubs can have a sticky.
    Well i don't have to put older games in a sub forum.. that's was just a quick way to clean up older games. they can live on forever in the forum they were created in. That's not an issue to me! I want the old threads there for looking back up also!

I don't think the issue is with the older games, it's just that it's much better to be able to see all of the local game threads in one spot, versus having to click through each area individually.

I would have suggested going the other way and putting everything into one sub for all local games, regardless of where they are.

edit - yeah what trigs said.
  • I'm just sitting back and watching... cue the popcorn..
  • I'm okay with merging them all down too!! That's even better in my opinion!
  • Also...... I am just assuming that the rules page is a joke. This place is fun because we can say F.U. Trigs and we can razz D.J. About his lovely girlfriend kicking his Lilly white ass all over the poker table or telling Comp he old as dirt .......

anyways Game On !

P.s. can you make trigs remove the Royal cup MVP signature..... I go on super monkey tilt every time I see it.
  • Also...... I am just assuming that the rules page is a joke. This place is fun because we can say F.U. Trigs and we can razz D.J.

There has to be rules and these rule state excessive swearing if it's used to put someone down it's an issue if it's used to have fun joke around it's fine, we're all adults.
  • FYI the rules have not changed just reposted to be current date on them. I added the no Ass Hole Rule though