Site suggestion thread

Comments

• New mobile view is horrible especially the index.
  • moose wrote: »
    New mobile view is horrible especially the index.

By index, do you mean the main page? Looks fine, nice and clean on my BB... You are on an Android, right? Does anyone else see the problem Moose is referring to?
  • I'll have a look moose. Seems some style sheets got over written. Trying to clean up.
  • Moose this is what the index looks like for me.. Do you see something different?
  • old version was better

icons almost invisible and spacing seems different.
    old version was better

icons almost invisible and spacing seems different.

So icons were added beside forums so you could see which ones were new. Blue new, faded out grey means nothing new.

Spacing is a bit different to show sub forums. that they are beneath the forum above it. You are saying it harder to use and see new posts this way?
  • If I click on the Ontario sub folder, in Local Poker Games (from home page), I get directed back to the PCF home page.
  • All the URL issues should be solved now.. I have turned on more friendly URLs also so people can tell what the link is by reading it. One more bug fixed..! Thank you to everyone for reporting this stuff!
  • Steve, you will notice that on your next pay stub that you got a 25% raise for excellent performance. It's been a long time since we had someone who knows what he's doing around here.

P.S. that includes those who "think" they know how to play poker... It's a small number..
  • Haha.. Well custom programming was done on the site which is fine as long as it is documented so that when an upgrade wipes out that custom coding its nice to know what to put back in place!! can I push for a 35% raise, my cat needs gold teeth!
  • compuease wrote: »
    Steve, you will notice that on your next pay stub that you got a 25% raise for excellent performance. It's been a long time since we had someone who knows what he's doing around here.

P.S. that includes those who "think" they know how to play poker... It's a small number..

FYI employee bonus to be paid tomorrow. Maybe you should be there to verify payout.
  • He's not an employee... lol, he's going to be a partner, he just doesn't know it yet... Also I'm in Vaughan hopefully most of the weekend at a ball tournament..

I will emt the 35% later tonight...
  • I'm looking forward to tomorrow's game Moose.. and BTW the more players that you have that think they know how to play poker the more you win so never complain about them :) It's a pyramid scheme and someone always has to be on the bottom!
    There is no easy way to post pictures from your phone, unless someone can explain it to me.

@moose I am hoping I figured out this issue! Try to upload a photo now? There was a restriction on file size (5MB) and restriction on picture size 1920 x 1080. And of course it gave no feedback to this issue. I have increased this limit because most smart phones have had bigger photos than 1920 x 1080 5 years ago!!
  • MrCaspan wrote: »
    @moose I am hoping I figured out this issue! Try to upload a photo now? There was a restriction on file size (5MB) and restriction on picture size 1920 x 1080. And of course it gave no feedback to this issue. I have increased this limit because most smart phones have had bigger photos than 1920 x 1080 5 years ago!!

Good job. Are we able to load more megabytes of photos than before ? We were limited in the past so after a few trips you had to start deleting old pictures just to make room for new ones.
  • going to try it now but yeah the problem was the limit on how much you could host per account.
  • need a like button on mobile view.
  • view on desktop still takes you back to home page and then reverts back to mobile so no way to upload pictures from phone.
  • yeah no go on the upload from a desktop either. my account is over the image limit whatever that is set to I dunno.
  • Okay thanks, I'll look again!
  • When you click on new posts there are two links to new posts on that screen.

The one on the left next to the search button doesn't work. It is superfluous anyways because there are two links on the screen.
    yeah no go on the upload from a desktop either. my account is over the image limit whatever that is set to I dunno.

There was a setting that only allows 150 images per album. I guess every user has a default album. I set this to unlimited. Can you try to upload an image again moose?
  • Can't from my phone until the desktop/mobile view issue is fixed.
    Can't from my phone until the desktop/mobile view issue is fixed.

I'm working on that issues now. When you have a minute can you check from your desktop?
  • IMG_20190518_154849701.jpg: Exceeds your quota by 1.06 MB. <a href="misc.php?do=attachments" target="_blank">Click here to view your attachments</a>

I think the Album is a separate function. AFAIK Inserting an image from your computer does not add it to your album.
  • MrCaspan wrote: »
    I'm working on that issues now. When you have a minute can you check from your desktop?

@moose, okay for the mobile site acting weird is because of conflicting cookies form the old site.. the old site was www.pokerforum.ca the new one is pokerforum.ca, it's a minor difference but it has cookies set for both domains that are causing the issue. I fixed it on my device finally by deleting my cookies for pokerforum.ca and logging in again. If you want PM me your cell number and I can walk you through this!
  • Damn what great support Steve... but don't give these guys too much or they will run you ragged. Maybe we should charge them $$$ for each support call...;)
  • @Compuease no worries just want to get everything running as it was or smoother. Before we do upgrades to the site. uploads are a big thing if not working!