wsop-c Montreal 2018

who is at playground for the next 2 weeks? I'm on my way and playing the $330 day 1f.

let's use this thread for updates. good luck everyone.

Comments

• sn1perb0y wrote: »
    who is at playground for the next 2 weeks? I'm on my way and playing the $330 day 1f.

let's use this thread for updates. good luck everyone.

Going on Thursday with some of the OPT crew to play the main.
    GL all that are heading out.
  • Playing main and closer if main unsuccessful.
  • Playing the closer but maybe the main if i win a satellite. Going to be there Friday night to Tuesday
  • Best of luck to all that are there, would love to be there with you, perhaps the next one if health allows.. Bring home something big.
  • compuease wrote: »
    Best of luck to all that are there, would love to be there with you, perhaps the next one if health allows.. Bring home something big.

I thought we adequately prepped you after Vegas?
  • after 3 bullets, i am playing day 2 of the cloossus tomorrow at noon.

Today was the most fun i've had playing a live mtt. Starting chips was 20k, i quickly got to 60k within 3 levels, biggest pot was 78dd which i opened, blinds call. flop 7xkd5d. i c bet, sb 3 bet, i 4 bet jam and he calls with 63dd, turn is Qd and he was drawing dead.

After that i was playing very aggressively and i felt like a psychic. Every value bet got paid off, every bluff got through, and even every trap was avoided. Ended up with 432.5k and chipleading my flight.

Will be great to see you all and good luck :)
  • sn1perb0y wrote: »
    after 3 bullets, i am playing day 2 of the cloossus tomorrow at noon.

Today was the most fun i've had playing a live mtt. Starting chips was 20k, i quickly got to 60k within 3 levels, biggest pot was 78dd which i opened, blinds call. flop 7xkd5d. i c bet, sb 3 bet, i 4 bet jam and he calls with 63dd, turn is Qd and he was drawing dead.

After that i was playing very aggressively and i felt like a psychic. Every value bet got paid off, every bluff got through, and even every trap was avoided. Ended up with 432.5k and chipleading my flight.

Will be great to see you all and good luck :)

Well done Snipe. Keep it going today.
  • Glgl sniper. Make sure to update us here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Just got from Playground, its packed and lots of cash games and tournaments running.

Day 2 started with around 600 players and 350 cashed 1.1k which is huge compared to the $330 buyin. I get to my seat and my first hand was qjhh on the button. a short stack 60kish opens to 12k at 2.5k/5k and i defend. flop is jxxr, i check and he checks back. Turn is a Q, i check he bets and i jam. he calls with q9 and he busts and i chip up to about 500k. later i lose 99 vs qq for 100k and chip down to 400k. i bleed a little then lose with AA to q7 on k7472sss and chip down to about 260k.

The bubble finally and at blind 5k/10k i get rekt by the deck. UTG opens to 22k and i have about 26bbs i call with TT. Flop is 9TJsss, i check he bets 20k i call. Turn is the biggest of all bricks a deuce of hearts. I check and he bets 70k which is a huge bet i tank for a while and decide to jam. He snaps with K7ss, board bricks out and I am out in 197th for 1.2k

Today I played a satty to the main event and binked it. I am returning back to Misssissauga by end of the week and won't have the chance to play it.
  • I played the Monster Stack Mon and Tuesday. $660. 554 players. I made it to 20th spot for a $2400 cash! It was a lot of fun and I played very well overall. I lived and died by JJ. At the end of day one I doubled up to 155K when I called an all in jam on a x88 board. I had JJ and the player who jammed was unpredictable and a bit crazy. It would have made sense for him to call my initial raise with with A8 so he could have had trips. But after a minute or two in the tank I called and he turned over 44! I did well on day two but for my final round the blinds were 10/20k with a 20k button ante so 50k each time around. I had about 450k in chips and lots of people were jamming. My final hand I had raised to 50K with JJ and a player went all in. I called and when he turned over AK I was happy because I'm ahead about 57/43. But a King came on the flop. Ouch! Anyway, it was a great two day run.

Today I did poorly at the Main Event. I did not play that well, plus my AA hand was beaten by quads and I lost a lot of money with KQ when a King hit the board (the other player told me later he had flopped a set of kings!). Final hand illustrated my overall luck: I have no playable hands for 3 hours, then I get K K with 250/500 blinds and the guy to my right raises to 3k. I only have 11k so I go all in and he calls. He turns over A 4 of diamonds. So I am 67% to win and quite happy. Flop is all diamonds! And he even gets an ace on the river. So that’s all she wrote.

I came here to play larger tournaments so I think I'll use the rest of my Monster Stack winnings to buy in to the Main again tomorrow. It is a more affordable "main" from the WSOP and I did drive all this way so we'll see what happens. I've chatted with a few of the Orangeville (OPT) crowd that are here and met a guy who recognized me from the Cave as well! It's an extremely well run place with great chairs, excellent food at a decent price (and free if you play cash).
  • Good luck tomorrow. Kick some ass and build a nice stack.
  • Anyone want to get a forum dinner together this weekend ?
  • Thanks, I was pretty much card dead for 5 hours and my 50k dwindled to about 17K. Then I got AA and got paid, then KK and my all in was called and eventually I got it up to 100K. I did make day two but with only about 64K which is just over 30 bb. Kind of short but ok for the first 2 or 3 hours. We'll see what happens. I mostly played well but some players are pretty good and three bet quite a bit.

I should say to anyone playing this the $1100 buy in is so reasonable that the first two or three levels felt to me like a lot of people thought of it as a $100 tournament because of the unlimited rebuys. Lots of aggro play and huge raises. After 3 hours (and a few bust outs) things settled down a bit.
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    Anyone want to get a forum dinner together this weekend ?

If you play the $1100 they actually have a free buffet which was decent, during the 45 min break. If you are playing in "the tent" they have a $15 buffet which is excellent and you get unlimited access for the evening. I loved it during the Monster Stack.
  • Not a trip report by any means, but a quick update...
    Fired 2 bullets at main...on second bullet lost with PP AIPF to AK
    Twice in a row...if they both hold, I'm in top 10% of field
    With 3 times avg...u but, lol

So entered the $330 closer on day 1b and bagged for day 2 on Monday.
    Just slightly below avg stack.

Send me some run good lol!
    Cheers
    Ken
  • Not a trip report by any means, but a quick update...
    Fired 2 bullets at main...on second bullet lost with PP AIPF to AK
    Twice in a row...if they both hold, I'm in top 10% of field
    With 3 times avg...u but, lol

So entered the $330 closer on day 1b and bagged for day 2 on Monday.
    Just slightly below avg stack.

Send me some run good lol!
    Cheers
    Ken

Good luck........run it up.
  • EdtheTed wrote: »
    Thanks, I was pretty much card dead for 5 hours and my 50k dwindled to about 17K. Then I got AA and got paid, then KK and my all in was called and eventually I got it up to 100K. I did make day two but with only about 64K which is just over 30 bb. Kind of short but ok for the first 2 or 3 hours. We'll see what happens. I mostly played well but some players are pretty good and three bet quite a bit.

I should say to anyone playing this the $1100 buy in is so reasonable that the first two or three levels felt to me like a lot of people thought of it as a $100 tournament because of the unlimited rebuys. Lots of aggro play and huge raises. After 3 hours (and a few bust outs) things settled down a bit.

FYI, got knocked out of day two of the main. I chipped up, then lost twice with 70% hands (with 7,7 I call 'all in' who shows A 4, and the ace comes, with Q Q I raise, get two callers, then an all in, I go all in, two callers fold, the 'all in' turns over A 9, and an ace comes again). After almost 5 hours I was still around 65K but of course I have under 20 BB instead of 32. Finally my KdJd all in is called by Ad9d and it holds to eliminate me. Overall, a good time playing 5 days of poker. Great seats, dealers and food!
  • The 'extra quick' update...

Managed to cash in 2/4 tourneys I played

1) CLOSER for $1400 when my 77 loses to 66 AIPF.

2) $200/30/$100 BOUNTY (festival event close, not WSOP-C
    2nd place for $5100 + 11 bounties for $6200 cash
    Approx 160 runners (don't recall exactly?)
    Ran like a beast from about level 14
    Smashed final table taking 6 bounties - one luckbox hand, 2 short stacks shove pre to my BB.
    I have KcQc - easy call IMO for > 10% of my stack...only to find out I'm in against AK and AQ - kiss those chips goodbye...
    Q in window, rivered K - double knockouts, lol
    Heads up lost 2 key hands with my 2 overs missing to calls AIPF.
    Push Ac3c into K6 and a K windows to bust me...but 2nd not too bad I guess, ;)
  • Congrats on the sick run.
  • ...of note, it was the $50/10/$100 bounty that I took down there at the 2016 World Cip of Cards...
    Me thinks I should stick to these when in Montreal, lol

Of note, Bingo Buddy would be proud to note that on the bubble (21) the remaining players tried to strike a deal that everyone puts in $20 so bubble gets $400. I said no, pissed off a lot of people when floor said it had to be unanimous. I'm not paying anyone $20 to lose!
  • Atta boy to the no deal!
  • westside8 wrote: »
    Congrats on the sick run.

Ty sir
  • Bounties were worth 563.64?
  • moose wrote: »
    Bounties were worth 563.64?

What planet are you on?

....2) $200/30/$100 BOUNTY (festival event close, not WSOP-C
    2nd place for $5100 + 11 bounties for $6200 cash
  • The one where 6200 in bounties is divided by 11

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
  • Because you said 11 bounties was $6200 not TOTAL
    Because you said 11 bounties was $6200 not TOTAL

Lol, ok, my mistake...I should have never second guessed your math, lol

(I was going to say give me a break cause I've only slept approx 20 hours since Wednesday cause I had to play pokerz, but I didn't want to get laughed out of the room, lol)
  • That's ok. I'm snapped too. Finishing up my semester so I can go on vacation, been marking steady the last two weeks. Leaving for Caesar's Windsor and some home games in Detroit tomorrow with seekthegrail.

Good score.
    That's ok. I'm snapped too. Finishing up my semester so I can go on vacation, been marking steady the last two weeks.
    moose wrote: »
    Leaving for Caesar's Windsor and some home games in Detroit tomorrow with seekthegrail.

Good score.

Have a great trip!