I lost a bunch of PM's

Sloth? Scotty? I only have my private messages from Dave left in my box! I respect him as a poker expert and I think he is an asset here (mandatory man-flirt) but I was hoping to keep some of my correspondance intact.

Am I missing something?

Comments

• I shall have to look into this. You're only the second one to report that...odd how it would happen to select individuals like that..
  • same, lost 68 Pm's
  • whoa...i had 55 PMs

now zippo ???
  • I actually gained a bunch of PM's myself. My inbox was (luckily it seems) untouched, and my outbox contained every PM I had ever sent, including the ones I had deleted.

I'm actually surprised to hear that anything got lost, since posts/threads and PMs I had previously deleted have now re-appeared. :cool:

BTW, are there maximum sizes now for the PM boxes?

ScottyZ
  • I also now have an empty inbox. However I won't be shedding a tear for the 5 messages that I lost. But from a debugging point of view I figured I would post.

Plus, I need some excuse to get going towards that golden 500 post plateau :D
  • I also now have an empty inbox. However I won't be shedding a tear for the 5 messages that I lost. But from a debugging point of view I figured I would post.

Ditto on all fronts. Maybe I should configure my email to autodelete everything. I see it as a productivity issue.

Ditto on all fronts.  Maybe I should configure my email to autodelete everything.  I see it as a productivity issue.
    lost in cyberspace? or maybe lost in transferation :p
  • All private messages are gone here too. Ugh, I was keeping some of those around for a reason. I just got back from Winnipeg, looks like there have been some changes made around here!
  • all_aces wrote:
    All private messages are gone here too.  Ugh, I was keeping some of those around for a reason.  I just got back from Winnipeg, looks like there have been some changes made around here!
    yep :( toto we're not in kansas anymore :(
  • Also in the changes, my home email address was made available to anyone who clicked on 'email' under my username. I have since changed it, so it's my pokerforum address, but I was pretty freaked out when I opened my personal email inbox and there was an email from an unidentified person asking me my opinion of 'whatis6X7' on Stars....
  • all_aces wrote:
    Also in the changes, my home email address was made available to anyone who clicked on 'email' under my username.  I have since changed it, so it's my pokerforum address, but I was pretty freaked out when I opened my personal email inbox and there was an email from an unidentified person asking me my opinion of 'whatis6X7' on Stars....
    yep i noticed that too :'(

i've made a post about it in Topic: FYI email not hidden (Read 27 times) http://www.pokerforum.ca/forum/index.php?topic=3772.0
  • Yep my inbox is empty.

Outbox is loaded with stuff I deleted.

I cautioned people earlier to check their profiles...
  • pkrfce9 wrote:
    Yep my inbox is empty.

Outbox is loaded with stuff I deleted.

I cautioned people earlier to check their profiles...
    ygpm :p
  • Empty here also
  • On closer inspection (read: actually checking), all but 2 (seemingly haphazardly selected1) of my inbox PMs were nuked.

EDIT: One more thing... The forum says I have 14 messages, but I only have 2. However, I believe that 14 is the correct number (or it's at least close) of PM's that should be in my Inbox.

ScottyZ

1Although I can't be sure, it might be that the ones that survived were the very first and last PMs in my Inbox.
  • ScottyZ wrote:
    On closer inspection (read: actually checking), all but 2 (seemingly haphazardly selected1) of my inbox PMs were nuked.

ScottyZ

1Although I can't be sure, it might be that the ones that survived were the very first and last PMs in my Inbox.

did anybody else get that ???
  • i lost most of mine also, i had 3 that stayed ... all from this Dave Sharf character ... who is he and why is he in my inbox.
  • hmmm i just found 9 PMs ( old ones )
    in my outbox ???
  • Soory lads, they may have been a casulty of the import over to this new forum..I'm still looking.
  • Chugs wrote:
    i lost most of mine also, i had 3  that stayed ... all from this Dave Sharf character ... who is he and why is he in my inbox.
    Funny... the only ones of mine that remained were from Dave also. I think we're starting to piece together who's responsible here....
  • On a more positive note, I REALLY like the new look of this forum. The colours are great, and everything seems so much more... modern.
  • wwoooooo :Djust found all my pm's in the outbox. I do like the new look.
  • all_aces wrote:
    On a more positive note, I REALLY like the new look of this forum.  The colours are great, and everything seems so much more... modern.
    cool avatar :D
  • sloth wrote:
    I shall have to look into this. You're only the second one to report that...odd how it would happen to select individuals like that..

Seems I just lead the troops...

I ended up having all my outgoing msgs and nothing except corespondance from Dave as well.
  • i'm actually wondering if i am receiving any new messages...i've sent a couple out, but no replies. so either i'm extremely impatient, they don't want to answer, or everything is broken (according to dylan).

so, if everyone could send me a pm i'll know :D