Irish Open

The latest IO BAP offer you'll ever see. I just woke up and had a hotel breakfast and decided to throw out some mini offers before hitting the awesome awesome hotel gym. I'm selling single percents of my main event with no markup meaning:

1% = 11,5 euro = 14,5 dollars (shamelessly rounded up by 30 cents)

https://twitter.com/IR1chardI for updates, and this thread.

If no one wants a piece that's fine this is just for fun. There are however no maybes considering the tournament starts in less than 6 hours meaning that if you show intrest I'll book it right away, I'll close the offer during first tournament break. ALso if anyone else will be at the venue feel free to write something here and maybe I can get to meet someone on here for the first time.

money to "llRichardll" (Richard Lindberg) on party preferably, stars can also be arranged if needed. Lets run good

Comments

• 3% ill send on party or 888, good luck. looking forward to the updates.
  • sn1perb0y wrote: »
    3% ill send on party or 888, good luck. looking forward to the updates.

I'll take 3%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Extremely stressful day. Ended up bagging 45.5k after trying for a double knockout with AJ on Q108, now I need to sleep. I was only planning on selling 1% per player but wasn't too clear on that so 3% to both of you is fine this time, really really need sleep now.
  • Honestly I'm not really happy with this format after yesterday. I get wanting to get the most out of each day but we were supposed to start at 2pm and play 10 levels + breaks. We ended up starting later than 2 and even after it ended I more or less had to steal a cab to get back to my hotel because the taxi ques were fucked up. All that and now I'm playing 10 more levels starting 2pm today as well, I got back to my hotel at 3.30 am today so gym is out of the question as well. Is it really neccesary to make the format so were unhealthy/degen...dunno

Last hour was frustrating as well as I said, came in to 500/1000 with 110k chips and left with 45.5k. Kept getting played back at in strange spots and the biggest hands were me 3betting AJo vs local semi crazy irish guys ep open and double barreling 10106 rainbow flop and 4 (two clubs) turn only to get suspicously raised on turn. That and the spot i decided to make a probably slightly -EV call for a double KO with another AJ with an open ender, over and bd flushdraw on Q108 flop.

I'm gonna try to get a bit more sleep and ofc I made a lot of good plays yesterday and I was smashing for most of it. 45k is sub average but I can work with this is I'm rested, blinds will be 600/1200. Lets keep grinding
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    Honestly I'm not really happy with this format after yesterday. I get wanting to get the most out of each day but we were supposed to start at 2pm and play 10 levels + breaks. We ended up starting later than 2 and even after it ended I more or less had to steal a cab to get back to my hotel because the taxi ques were fucked up. All that and now I'm playing 10 more levels starting 2pm today as well, I got back to my hotel at 3.30 am today so gym is out of the question as well. Is it really neccesary to make the format so were unhealthy/degen...dunno

Last hour was frustrating as well as I said, came in to 500/1000 with 110k chips and left with 45.5k. Kept getting played back at in strange spots and the biggest hands were me 3betting AJo vs local semi crazy irish guys ep open and double barreling 10106 rainbow flop and 4 (two clubs) turn only to get suspicously raised on turn. That and the spot i decided to make a probably slightly -EV call for a double KO with another AJ with an open ender, over and bd flushdraw on Q108 flop.

I'm gonna try to get a bit more sleep and ofc I made a lot of good plays yesterday and I was smashing for most of it. 45k is sub average but I can work with this is I'm rested, blinds will be 600/1200. Lets keep grinding

good luck today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • I just bagged and tagged 1.330.000 chips! good fucking night Ineedtosleep
  • How many left, blinds?
  • 85(?) left. WE coming in tomorrow at 6k/12k. starting stack was 30k and average is somewhere around 500k, goodnight
  • awesome job Richard.....all your hard work coming together....go get that trophy

sitting 2nd in chips is a pretty good way to start Day 3

there's a live stream main table posted on Facebook, I'll be watching tomorrow
  • Likely here.. Did you see chip stacks posted anywhere?
    https://www.facebook.com/IrishPokerOpen/
  • T8urmoney wrote: »
    awesome job Richard.....all your hard work coming together....go get that trophy

sitting 2nd in chips is a pretty good way to start Day 3

there's a live stream main table posted on Facebook, I'll be watching tomorrow

could you link the stream here tomorrow please. Good luck Richard!
  • oh wow I had no idea...

Good thing that as soon as I sit down I'm too crazy and detatched to realise that when you're sitting with 1.330.000 chip in a tournament where the last 5 tiny digits of that is worth 1000 fucking euros you're playing for a lot of money. Sleeping is hard.

Also, mandatory "fucking sorry in advance for the weak or spewy play you're about to witness if you watch me live" O___O

Lets btw do a hand history of me binking like a god:

Hero UTG (8 handed) blinds 1k/2k (:as :kc )

Hero raise 5k
    folded to BB
    BB raise 15k
    Hero raise to 39k
    BB calls 39k

flop :10c :4c :5s
    BB check
    Hero all in 85k
    BB huff and hum for 2 minutes then call
    BB shows :qd :qs
    Turn :ac
    Hero runs around the poker room rubbing money on his tits

A lot of yesterday was me going "Jesus take the wheel" and Jesus going " Not this motherfucker again"
  • I would be pissed, what a slow roll. punish!
  • It was pretty weird, I think he had about 82k or so on the flop, either way it was for his tournament life as I did end up knocking him out that hand.

He said some weird things tho like "I can't beat much..." and "DO you ever have AKcc here? probably not right you're saying you have aces" etc etc. I was fairly convinced I was fighting to fold out a chop until he showed his cards
  • Lets do another fun one featuring John Duthie. blinds 3/6k, we open Q9ss UTG, 4 players to the flop including John Duthie,

Flop K10x two spades, I continue for a healthy amount around 18k, Duthie calls rest folds

Turn is the 5 spades and I bet again for 25k, he calls

River is a three of diamonds or something and we bet 50k and get a fold from him.

As he folds he says "I know you are bluffing". It's funny because never had I had so much doubt thrown at me so that when I open UTG, see a flop 4 ways, bet K10x with two spades and triple barrel down that the chairman of party poker's first instinct is "he must be bluffing".

I had a lot of fun playing with Duthie for 6 hours, he seems like a friendly overall good guy. fun fact I learned is that he likes to play his blinds, his button then line up three hands worth of antes and go for a smoke, I didn't know that before, now I do
  • Following. Enjoying reading your journey thus far. Hope you take it down.
  • Anyone remember Richards last name, think I knew it at one point, but memory escapes me.

If it's Lindberg and that sounds familiar he is leading.

Current updates.

https://www.irishpokeropen.com/irish-poker-open-day-6-live-updates/
  • He's chip leader. Lindberg

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
  • Not sure but in the commentating it sounded like the former chipleader Lindberg is out. They didn't seem to know who he is...

Yep, out in 40th..

Richard Lindberg, pictured with his former table neighbour Mor Kamber, was all in on the turn of 2h 8c 5d 4h board when I arrived, up against Daniel Fargher.

Lindberg: 9h 7h for a flush draw and a gutshot

Fargher: Tc 8h for a pair of eights

River: 5c

Eights and fives took it, and Lindberg was thus despatched to the rail in 40th place for €4,205.
    20180317182030_541578.jpg
  • Confirmed on Twitter, out in 41st. Gg
  • guessing he got coolered.......looks like he busted out in 41st

was watching the live stream, they said the chip leader just got knocked out without knowing who it was for a couple of minutes...but eventually they came up with the name Lindberg being reported to them

looking forward to his rundown.....looks like he got up to 2.1m, and within and hour got felted

good run Richard!!!
  • That one will be tough to take, will be interesting to hear Richards thought process. He must have lost another big pot before his bustout hand. gg Richard.. on to the next one.. You are young and will have other chances.
  • Busted in 40th.
    gg

• compuease wrote: »
    Not sure but in the commentating it sounded like the former chipleader Lindberg is out. They didn't seem to know who he is...

Yep, out in 40th..

Richard Lindberg, pictured with his former table neighbour Mor Kamber, was all in on the turn of 2h 8c 5d 4h board when I arrived, up against Daniel Fargher.

Lindberg: 9h 7h for a flush draw and a gutshot

Fargher: Tc 8h for a pair of eights

River: 5c

Eights and fives took it, and Lindberg was thus despatched to the rail in 40th place for €4,205.
    20180317182030_541578.jpg

is that him on the left ?? He has pretty hair.
  • Dream on mike

• I'm going to sleep, can confirm that I busted 40th. My most pleasant memories of the day are of the dynamic we had at our table.

This blog post and the picture is pretty awesome, Mor was pretty fun to be around and we had a pretty good semi flirty dynamic which was fun and took a lot of the edge off =P The "internal negotiations" blog post with that picture is a pretty nice take away from all of this, I think both me and her looks good for it, I guess she and I ended up being the local it couple to write about haha:

"Flattery angleshoot or the beginning of a beautiful friendship?

We love seeing the international field of the Irish Open getting on famously, win or lose, and Table 6 is a case in point.

Both stacked up and determined (we apologise for getting Lindberg's stack wrong last night, although he started it writing 113,300,0000 on his bag which was an order of magnitude off), Mor Kamber (from Israel) and Richard Lindberg (from Sweden) are having a lovely chat as other people play down some small-ball hands.
    Kamber, on the Swedes: "You're the most beautiful nation in the world. You're all tall - look at your blue eyes..."
    "You're being nice to me so I don't play back at you," laughed Lindberg. "

https://www.24live.co/live/UI8KU

As for hands I was up to 2M at a point, but at 10k/20k I pushed 450k pre vs a CO open with 33 and ran into QQ. An orbit later I cold 4bet 9s from the sb vs an open and button 3 bet and ran into queens again from the original opener and lost another 20BB to her. Last hand I felt fairly confident he had one pair, flop I cbet he called and then he donked the flop for 65k and I shipped it hoping to fold out pretty much the hand he had or a middle pair type hand, villa in that hand had been pretty weak/random up until that point. I'll probably update a little bit more tomorrow
  • I will calculte the exact numbers of this bap, I hope there's no rush let me know if there is or do it for me and I'll ship asap, otherwise when I find space and energy or after I fly home.

I just played a marathon cash session, ended up profiting 1,3k euro from 1/2, first PLO then hold em. I set a goal that if I went +1000 I would consider extending my trip for another 5 days or so otherwise I'd take my booked flight home today, now I have to seriously consider it. I don't know what GTO is telling me to do in this spot
  • No rush, take your time and let us know. Great run and congratz.

Imho, If i already had a flight booked, i'd go back and use $$$ to plan a another trip somewhere else and a new experience.

cheers.
  • yes but on the other hand drunk Norweigans, eveyone is talking these cash games up like crazy