Would you fold this?

Hi everyone. So would you guys fold KQo on the button facing all folds with 100BB?

Comments

• Jam...
  • Into AA in the BB and suck out..

Waiting for the inevitable spam... Well maybe not since he's from Maple Ridge B.C.
  • Why is this poker school strategy app telling me to fold it then? Also I'm not sure what you mean by AA in BB and suck out...
  • Foxone wrote: »
    Why is this poker school strategy app telling me to fold it then? Also I'm not sure what you mean by AA in BB and suck out...
    I would find a new poker school.
  • compuease wrote: »
    I would find a new poker school.

Yeah for sure. So you would jam the whole 300 with KQo pre?
  • You're serious? If so please move to Ontario and play at Niagara.. Or on 2nd thought find out where GTA is playing in B.C. and get onto his table.. Tell him I said he's welcome.
  • I don't know who GTA is. Also you said Jam as an answer to my question.
  • Sorry I'm just confused as to what you would do in the position. I would raise 3 times most likely
    I don't know who GTA is. Also you said Jam as an answer to my question.

PM him and ask him where he plays, somewhere in BC.. He posts here sporadically.. Maybe post in his most recent thread, please tell him I sent you.
    http://www.pokerforum.ca/f7/first-live-session-almost-year-34130/
    Sorry I'm just confused as to what you would do in the position. I would raise 3 times most likely

You must be very new to poker, 2 1/2 to 3 sounds about right but it depends on table dynamics..

Now what do you do with say 8,10 suited in the same scenario?
  • Sure I'll do that thanks compuease
  • I am very new, with 8 10 s I would call to see a flop.
    I am very new, with 8 10 s I would call to see a flop.

Wrong.. Raise exactly the same, otherwise people will be able to range you by your bet size. This assumes you are opening. In general if your cards are good enough to play, raise.
  • sounds like what my buddy would say. he knows what he's doing. never limp right? raise or fold.
  • Min raise 4 bet shove. You have 2 royal draws.
  • You guys are only about 35km apart, should get together, maybe he knows the couch mover?
  • Yeah that's what I would do GTA. Also I PMed GTA compuease but he hasn't replied yet. I think it would be cool to play at the same table.
  • That sounds like an awful Poker school strategy app. What is it called?

You're getting a lot of silly remarks on this forum about jamming and sucking out, passing through your sarcasm filter.
    sounds like what my buddy would say. he knows what he's doing. never limp right? raise or fold.
    Don't use an app. Read a few good books (start with Sklansky's Theory of Poker and Phil Gordan's Little Green Book). Visit sites like thinkingpoker.net. Listen to its podcast. There is lots of good advice out there. Play low entry tournaments. Enjoy.
  • That sounds like an awful Poker school strategy app. What is it called?

You're getting a lot of silly remarks on this forum about jamming and sucking out, passing through your sarcasm filter.

I it's an old app made by the same people that me a this forum but it isn't working anymore. Also I know that's an easy open raise hand obviously not jamming pre.

I think people are thinking I'm super green here but im not I was just confused about why the app on the play store was telling me to fold it.

I have been playing for a few months now and in reply to the last post. Thanks for the advice EdtheTed but I already own that book hahaha

Edit: Oh I didn't read the whole message EdtheTed I will certainly check out those resources, thanks.
  • A few months is still quite green I'm afraid. I see you own the books, but have you read and digested them? After playing a lot, reread them, you will get a whole new perspective. Too bad you weren't here in Ontario, that's where most of the people posting on here are from. You could get out to some local games....