Official Toronto Maple Leafs Discussion thread

I figure with this new look Leafs team it was time we had a discussion thread similar to the Jays thread.

Hard Core leaf fan as a kid, well remember the 60's run of three, later with Harolds mismanagement and a succession of following failures not so much. Very hard to watch.

However this is not the same, this management and core of youngsters is going to be fun to watch for years to come. No idea why they are even in this series with Washington but enjoying it immensely.

I know there are many Leaf haters around here but you gotta agree, this is team is different, from upper management on down.. They may not get past Washington or win the cup this year but soon...

Comments

• Two playoff wins, and the Stanley Cup is coming soon. Lol. That sums up Leafs fans perfectly.
  • How can you be so set in your ways? You sound a lot older than you are. Positive on the Jays almost blindly and negative on the leafs to a fault... Open your eyes man... This is a new era...
    Never said the Cup is coming quickly, management promised pain for a few years but if this is pain I'll take it. Who are you a fan of?
  • It is so good to finally see the Leafs headed in the right direction and not just for the short term. This young core group of players could be together for many years to come.
  • moose wrote: »
    Two playoff wins, and the Stanley Cup is coming soon. Lol. That sums up Leafs fans perfectly.

About four years ago I vowed I was done with hockey because of the strike. Wetts said I would be back. I acknowledged that I one day would be back. I did stay away until the Leafs drafted Matthews. Since then, I haven’t missed a game this year.

There are a lot of good kids. They have a great coach and they are hungry! While we may not win the cup this year, we are on a better path.

Enjoy!
  • Playoffs are about the only time I watch hockey... so as a leafs fan it has been some time since I paid attention...

But holy shit it looks like we've got a team here! GO LEAFS!
  • Jays win two games and are 5 games back and the season is over with 150 games to play after two straight years in the playoffs and two playoff series wins, but the Leafs win their 5th playoff game in 13 years and suddenly the cup is coming soon and yes I used exactly your words. Leafs fans are so starved for any type of success they start planning the Stanley Cup parade at any hint of improvement. lol.

I'm almost 48 and the Leafs were last in a Stanley Cup final before I was born so excuse me if I temper my enthusiasm with my age acquired wisdom.
  • ^ Translation: grumpy old bastard
  • To Moose...... Leafs = Blackberry = Leafs = Blackberry... >:D
  • I love people who go out of their way to post negativity. I have a ton of negative things to say about the Blue Jays yet I dont post them in the Blue Jays thread...

Remember while we bicker Rogers and Bell are making millions upon millions. So please redirect all negativity to them please.
  • I love people who go out of their way to post negativity. I have a ton of negative things to say about the Blue Jays yet I dont post them in the Blue Jays thread...

Remember while we bicker Rogers and Bell are making millions upon millions. So please redirect all negativity to them please.

Its not a matter of being negitive. The Jays increased the payroll and this is the team we got? Fans are allowed to talk about the team, good or bad. It is a healthy release. There is nothing worse than knowing your team is out of it in April. Makes for a long season season.

As far as the Leafs go, back to the playoffs after a four year absence, is exciting and a welcome distraction to the Blue Jays. Before you know it the French Open will be here and Roger can go for number 19.

Prophet22
  • Go Leafs Go
  • Let's not confuse negativity with pragmatism.

Jays beat the Cy Young winner last night and the Leafs stopped exceeding expectations. The world has returned to equilibrium. :D
  • Now we can agree on whos season is over.

At the end of the game when they went down to Scott Oake and he didn't know who he was going to interview did anyone hope he was going to interview the blonde chick? :D

818f07245ca683148dea83ecc97347f0.jpg
  • I HATE the leafs. Glad they lost. Hope the Jays are back on the road to winning. Go Raptors Go..... but F.U. Leafs.
  • I HATE the leafs. Glad they lost. Hope the Jays are back on the road to winning. Go Raptors Go..... but F.U. Trigs.

Fyp
  • moose wrote: »
    Fyp

That was hurtful
  • I must admit watching the Leafs in this series turned me into a Leafs fan! This is an exciting young group of players and Matthews looks like he will become a superstar! Barry Trotz paid high praise to the Leafs in his post game.

The future looks pretty bright for the Leafs and I agree with Comp and Roger et al that Toronto hockey fans finally have something to get excited about! In October Go Leafs!