Brantford tourney and 262k bad beat....

Thinking of going to play some limit tonight before the bad beat gets hit......

also so going to play this Sunday 230 deep stack.

Comments

• Thanks for the reminder. Signed up for the $230 !
    They are capping registration at 55 players for the tournament and 24 have already entered
  • Thanks for posting that..... will make sure to sign up asap....
  • Had too many drinks to leave the house but called in and registered for the tourney on sunday
  • Also, note that tables start with 11 players.
  • Good god why?!
  • Dj and I are on the final table.... Top 6 get money.
  • Dj and I are on the final table.... Top 6 get money.

Go, Go, Go....
  • compuease wrote: »
    Go, Go, Go....

Down to 4 players..... Dj and i are still in it....

Woooot woooot
  • Take it down boys!
  • Waiting to hear the bad beat story

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
  • Nope, no bad beat story. Finished 4th . Really fun day, ran really well for most of it.
    Was fun watching pimp run up a huge stack, fortunately not at my expense, lol.
  • nice weekend DJ..
  • Was a very strange day in Brantford..... I will let DJ speak about the collusion when we were down to 2 tables.... it was the worst I have seen and the supervisor was standing there watching the whole thing.....

so.... my story begins when we are at 200-400 blinds and I have 3 big blinds left. The hand before I shoved all in with pocket queens on a 7 high board, problem was the other guy had three 7's... left me with 3 bigs.

bingo Bango shove all in 5 hand in a row most of them blind.... win every of them .... now I back to a reasonable stack.

one of my big hands I had aces and guy raises all in for about 14,000 .... I have 3 guys to act after me, I really milked it. I counted out the calling chips and put them to the side. Then looked around the table at the guys behind me to act with a look on my face like I really had poop badly. I reluctantly put out the calling chips and the 2 donkey humpers behind me flat call as well. I think the flop was queen highand I am not sure if I shoved right there but after that hand I had well over 100k chips .... maybe DJ remembers it better.

DJ can post up about the collusion hand, but the guy is a real scumbag. every hand his ante was light or late and he put out short raises at least 10 times tonight.
  • Oh crap..... I chopped 1st and 2nd money..... got 2420 2nd place money and the guy in 1st gave me 400 so I got 2840 and he had 3200. I was good with it since we were at 8000 16000 with 2000 ante. I had 300,000 and he had just over 500,000. Seemed like a good chop to make better than 2nd money when the guy I was playing was way better than me.... he even knew about math stuff.
  • Forgot....... before tourney started I put 50 bucks in the stupid machine cash it out at $720......... Mathers just shook his head when I showed him the ticket.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  • Nice day fellas, way to represent!
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    Good god why?!
    So they can max out the # of entries without taking away a cash table. Waiting lists are over 100 deep on a Sunday morning with a record-setting $275k bad beat. Ppl are coming from everywhere.
  • So we get down to two tables and I am seated to the immediate right of TorontoPimp. To his left is this Russian guy, who is a real douche, always late with his blinds and antes, always the wrong amount. And his raises were usually short.
    In the hand in question, Russian has about 30 Bigs in the big blind and UTG shoves for 10 bigs at most.
    It folds to the Russian and in A LOUD VOICE for all to hear, he flips over AQs and says, I don't want to knock out my buddy and FOLDS !
    I did not realize they knew each other until then and I LOST IT. I called him a cheater, told him it was a dick move and that it wasn't fair to the rest of the players. He says he can play his card anyway he wants. I said, if you're going to cheat, at least keep it to yourself and not show everyone you are cheating.
    I look around to call a Supervisor and he is standing right behind me the whole time and didn't say a word. I cannot believe he got away with that.
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    I am seated to the immediate right of TorontoPimp. To his right is this Russian guy, ......it was a dick move
    LOL, I could not let this go.. Was the Russian guy sitting on your lap?

IMO, one round penalty minimum... but if he's a reg then I guess sup is being lenient, but to not even say anything.. well...
  • Was a very strange day in Brantford..... I will let DJ speak about the collusion when we were down to 2 tables.... it was the worst I have seen and the supervisor was standing there watching the whole thing.....

so.... my story begins when we are at 200-400 blinds and I have 3 big blinds left. The hand before I shoved all in with pocket queens on a 7 high board, problem was the other guy had three 7's... left me with 3 bigs.

bingo Bango shove all in 5 hand in a row most of them blind.... win every of them .... now I back to a reasonable stack.

one of my big hands I had aces and guy raises all in for about 14,000 .... I have 3 guys to act after me, I really milked it. I counted out the calling chips and put them to the side. Then looked around the table at the guys behind me to act with a look on my face like I really had poop badly. I reluctantly put out the calling chips and the 2 donkey humpers behind me flat call as well. I think the flop was queen highand I am not sure if I shoved right there but after that hand I had well over 100k chips .... maybe DJ remembers it better.

DJ can post up about the collusion hand, but the guy is a real scumbag. every hand his ante was light or late and he put out short raises at least 10 times tonight.

now I can put a face to your handle here....I was the older guy 2 to your left......you came along way back...congrats to you....me?..i played TA until the first break, then the donk Marban showed up, spewing my chips with an ill timed bluff, representing a flush, but got called with a set of kings, dusting off1/3 of my chips,later I shoved with maybe 12/13 bb with 44, Shirley , that old dear, calls with ak and hits a J on the river to compete a straight...I was out the next hand, with only 1 blind............anyway pimp GG
  • Hi marban.......good to put a face to the forum name. Good old Shirley has knocked me out a few times with crazy draws.

Hope to see you again at Brantford. You should post up if you are gonna play, it may get some of us to come out if we are thinking about it. Always more fun to chat with a forumer..... DJ likes it when I ask him "are you sure " every time he raises....
  • Hi marban.......good to put a face to the forum name. Good old Shirley has knocked me out a few times with crazy draws.

Hope to see you again at Brantford. You should post up if you are gonna play, it may get some of us to come out if we are thinking about it. Always more fun to chat with a forumer..... DJ likes it when I ask him "are you sure " every time he raises....
    I enjoyed playing the Thursday 150DS every so often, I even took one down a year or so ago and have final tabled a few times.....but they have taken it away from the regular schedule as far as I can tell...they have the tournaments now capped at 55.....I liked the 80 man format because when itgot to 2 tables I could fold my way to the final table and then min cash..lol...
  • DJ likes it when I ask him "are you sure " every time he raises....
    Oh god, with you to my left, I was expecting a check raise or three bet every time I did anything.
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    Oh god, with you to my left, I was expecting a check raise or three bet every time I did anything.

How is that a bad thing ?? Half the time I had 6 high...
  • How is that a bad thing ?? Half the time I had 6 high...

It was weird, I wasn't purposely avoiding you, we just didn't have any big hands at the same time.
  • Way to represent dj and pimp. Congrats.
  • Wife and I head to Brantford in 15 min, already on the lists, BB still alive Jackpot: $293,135.30 est as of this morning.
  • GL to both of you. It will be a crazy day for sure.

If I were you, I'd get mary to sit at a 2-5 table and fold every hand. With her luck, she'd get table share.

;)
  • Just over 100 on the list, I'm 25 currently, all but 1 table open.

Now 3:15 and they just called my name for 2/5. I called in at 9. Glad I didn't wait. I have been in 4/8 since about 11:15 an hour after I got here. Place packed and list are off the charts.
    Now at 297K bad beat.
  • compuease wrote: »
    Wife and I head to Brantford in 15 min, already on the lists, BB still alive Jackpot: $293,135.30 est as of this morning.

Good luck..... bring this bad beat home ....