Royal Cup XIX team thread, Apr 8th, 2017

Royal Cup XIX team thread, Apr 8th, 2017

Team thread for Captains entries only.

This thread is to post team entries, members, who is playing what, etc.
Please do not post comments not pertaining to above, they will be deleted. Use discussion thread for random stuff...

Potential Teams: 9 max...

Rocks - Comp - confirmed
Shady Poker - BankItDrew - confirmed
KitWho - Wolff - confirmed
HBK - DrTyore - confirmed
Fish in a Barrel - Holychow - confirmed (Name change)
Loose Moose - Moose - confirmed
Donkey Launchers - now out due to 4 players cancelling...

Bradford team - Mike H - ???
The Wilson Gang - Prophet22 - definitely out as per text from Brent

Comments

• Consider Shady Poker confirmed. I'll post my idea for who will play and which games will be played by whom, while also using this post to edit any and all changes.

Stud:
    Andrew
    Jared
    Jeff
    Brent

LHE:
    Jory
    Frank
    Trevor
    Devin
  • Projected Rocks Lineup

Stud:
    BigBob
    Random rookie #1 found just hanging around
    djgolfcan
    Random rookie #2 found just hanging around

Limit:
    Comp
    g2
    Old man Pringles
    Random rookie #3 found just hanging around in same area

Team is now complete. Hope rookies have at least a little poker experience..
  • KitWho? Is in
    Limit-
    Wolffhound - Dave
    Hobbes - Ron
    DataMn - Al
    No Forum- Kevin

Stud
    Big Mike - Shawn
    Pinhead- Brad
    Helmuth's Mole - Chris
    -Ante River- - Ken
  • Any more teams? We can't run with less than 6 and even then it's iffy? Venue needs me to firm up by at least 4 weeks ahead.
  • compuease wrote: »
    Any more teams? We can't run with less than 6 and even then it's iffy? Venue needs me to firm up by at least 4 weeks ahead.

If we can't get enough for the standard Saturday poker, let's do something with a smaller group. No reason to cancel the entire thing when there's a solid few dozen players wanting to play poker.
  • BankItDrew wrote: »
    If we can't get enough for the standard Saturday poker, let's do something with a smaller group. No reason to cancel the entire thing when there's a solid few dozen players wanting to play poker.

Trouble is we would have to have another location as it is not worth it to the current venue to host us for free with less than 50 or so. Also if we held a regular tournament the numbers would dwindle during the day as players get knocked out meaning less people buying food/drink...
  • compuease wrote: »
    Trouble is we would have to have another location as it is not worth it to the current venue to host us for free with less than 50 or so. Also if we held a regular tournament the numbers would dwindle during the day as players get knocked out meaning less people buying food/drink...
    So I guess we need to find two more teams by April. Have the teams from past events been notified? What has been their response?
    So I guess we need to find two more teams by April. Have the teams from past events been notified? What has been their response?

First of all we can't wait that long as the venue has to be confirmed long before. Secondly we need 6 minimum and really it should be 7-9. I think interest has waned somewhat over the years and perhaps once per year (October), as has been suggested by some, will end up being the norm. All captains are members here so there should be no issue with knowledge. My feeling is they are searching for players to commit. Even I am having issues.
  • HBK in progress.

Players so far confirmed.

Omaha
    The Russian
    Reddington
    Shtebs
    Trigs

Stud
    Drtyore
    ShtebsBro
    Itsame
    Prophet 22

Mark
  • Team: Fish in a Barrel

Stud:
    1. Craig H.
    2. Kirk M.
    3. Rob D.
    4. flash05

Limit:
    1. holychow
    2. Drew M.
    3. Mikey A.
    4. Marty S.
  • Booyah!

That's six teams.

Get those players confirmed!
    Booyah!

That's six teams?

Get those players confirmed!
    I only see 5 at the moment, if we get 6 I'll have to beg the venue to allow us to run it. Moose hasn't confirmed yet.We have run it with 6 before but not at that venue and have been told they normally need 60 people to make it worth their while..

Note that I don't want to cancel the event in the last week or two as likely that would mean we would lose the "free" use of the facility for the future.
  • Moose is in florida right now - I cant speak for the group, but was under the general assumption that we are in.
  • Bfillmaff wrote: »
    Moose is in florida right now - I cant speak for the group, but was under the general assumption that we are in.
    Ah yes, forgot that. I figured he would be in as he has never missed one, do you recall when he's back?

Also Donkey Launchers just confirmed via text, assuming Moose is in that gives us 7. :)

Also found a couple of random nits hanging around that I coerced in joining a depleted Rocks lineup so we are at 7 now, feeling much better. Of course we don't have much chance
    with rookies but we'll give it our usual effort to reclaim our rightful crown..

and DJ, well he's not really a nit but we'll try and talk him into playing like one.
  • not sure, I was just going off this thread: http://www.pokerforum.ca/f12/fla-meetup-feb-23-26-2017-a-33490/

if not back yet, it's possible they were rounded up as illegal canadians sneaking into trump's america.
  • Just got back. I will poll my players on Friday and see if we have a team.
  • Loose Moose
    Holdem
    1. Moose
    2. Kanga
    3. Bfillmaff
    4. Woog30

Stud
    1. waltsfriend
    2. Seekthegrail
    3. Peteski
    4. Jacnok
  • So this is officially on then?

Mark
  • Yep we have 7 with your team so we're a go...
  • Sweet...

Off to the free agents thread. LOL

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Sweet...

Off to the free agents thread. LOL

Mark
    Wait a minute, you mean you aren't entering a team? Not sure we can run with 6 there..
  • I'm entering a team.. just need 3 more guys :)

Mark
    I'm entering a team.. just need 3 more guys :)

Mark
    Phew, thank goodness... Should be easy to fill
    with your reputation for fun...
  • 2 more... was down to 1 too.. dammit.

Mark
    2 more... was down to 1 too.. dammit.

Mark
    YOU can do it!!!

Come on guys, help Mark out here, surely we can dig deep and donate a spare....
    2 more... was down to 1 too.. dammit.

Mark

okay i'm in if you still need someone.

one condition though: must keep pants on.
  • Are all teams ok? Just confirming since I'm sort of on the hook for the venue.
  • KitWho? is set to go.
  • HBC, lookin at you.....
  • HBC? Is that me?

We're in... we have 8....

Mark