Oct 13th brantford 230 deepstack

I am 90% to go to this tomorrow .... anyone else feel like playing some pokerz ?

Comments

• I will stop by for some cash games. I have an app at 10 unfortunately.
  • moose wrote: »
    I will stop by for some cash games. I have an app at 10 unfortunately.

Cool.....hopefully i make it past the first break.
  • Ja Ja Ja to Bingo.
    anyone else feel like playing some pokerz ?
  • I just pot-committed 100%. There are already >= 30 players that have pre-bought.
    I am 90%
  • I punted off my stack when we were down to around 30 players left. I check shoved 27 Bb's and a guy called me with middle pair.

good news was i played black jack on the second break and won 4th place money.

Moose.... Sorry i left wothout saying goodbye. I went to the washroom then ran into an old buddy and gapped out that i didn' t say goodbye.

Goodluck buddy......
  • Cleared better than 9th place money in the cash games.
  • moose wrote: »
    Cleared better than 9th place money in the cash games.

Good job.
  • Blondefish was still soldiering on with about 15 left when I racked up.
  • how are the tournament structures in Brantford? I cant find any info on their website. I havent been in a few years, if memory serves they were basically short stack turbos. Is this still the case?
  • racer43 wrote: »
    how are the tournament structures in Brantford? I cant find any info on their website. I havent been in a few years, if memory serves they were basically short stack turbos. Is this still the case?

the higher buy-ins are decent ($330 and $550). the others are faster structures that do turn into bingo fests near the end but from my experience many players at brantford don't know how to play short stacks properly near the end so you still have a decent chance in the lower buy-ins.
  • thanks.

I might go try the satty this weekend.
  • I have played the $150 Bounty 4 months ago. Not to brag, but finished 7th place.
    The starting stack is ok, but the format is 15/20 minute levels, so you end up with plenty of all in calls towards the last 3 tables. Plus people chase bounties, so that doesn't help.

I don't mind the format, it has a feel more of a Turbo SitNGo than a real MTT. Since I am in Toronto the drive there has kept me from playing these more frequently, but I don't mind them.
  • Look for the deepstack tourneys. There's more play in those, especially at higher buy-ins.
  • Female member Gottaget posted all the Patience Factors for the Brantford tournaments in 2014. The $230 last Thursday took over 9 hours for us to finish. If you want tournaments that last longer, the $550 GBH Deepstack was 12 hours long before the six-way deal.
    racer43 wrote: »
    how are the tournament structures in Brantford?
  • At least 63 seats have already been sold, so it may be sold out by the morning. A couple of friends and I are going, anybody else?
    racer43 wrote: »
    I might go try the satty this weekend.
  • I got up this morning annoyed that I missed moose's game yesterday, so I hopped in the car and came on down. There were 73 sold when I bought my seat at 9am.

Been sitting here waiting for seat at a cash game ever since. They have 2 tables of 2-5 going with 13 on the list. I called ahead at 8am, so I'm near the top of the list, but they've decided not to open any more tables because "we'll only have to close them again in an hour and a half when the tournament starts". What a joke.
  • Good luck guys........
  • Thank you sir. Your well-wishes were effective and appreciated. Was down to 2 BBs at the 4k/8k level, and ended up 2nd in chips.

If anybody's playing next Sunday i'll see you there.

:)
  • Congrats to you, Loose Goose, & Dave/Brian/James Bond on the $1,090 win! Do you know who the other winners were, and if anybody is selling?
    Card Dead wrote: »
    If anybody's playing next Sunday i'll see you there.
  • Thanks.

I only recognized 3 or 4 Brantford regs, but I don't know their names.

I may be interested in selling. I'll keep you posted once I decide.