Fallsview last night

My Cash game heater continues..... Ended up starting off slow blasted off 2 full buy ins brought 3 bullets. Ended up $1800 ahead and was very happy to dig out of the hole and wait for the right spots.

The 5-10 game there is really really bad........ Most of you guys that play tournaments a lot or follow poker closely would know who Amir Babakhani is. He is a very good tourney player but I think an even better cash game player. I have played with him a few times and I know he is dangerous. When I sit down I say Hi to a few of the guys I know and nod to Amir. He gets up to go to the washroom and a couple of the players are talking about how this guy is a huge fish and how he hasn't folded a hand in 4 orbits. (at this point he has about 7000 in front of him) ....... I just smile and thank them for the info.....again I can't believe that these regular players don't have a clue.

Game is sooooo stupid, I had Aces twice and Kings twice that all held up and because people were calling crazy pre flop bets the last hand I re-raised KK from 125 to 475 and got 3 callers. BAMMMMM King right on the flop and a rainbow board. Guy gave me his whole stack with AK off.

I was playing solid and had made a single bluff all night when this hand happened. I had 10sJs and called a 150 raise. board came 9sQs4c. I check guy bets 400 and I call. Turn is Qh guy bets 600 and I call. river is 2d guy checks , I tank for 2 mins and bet 1400. Guy tanks for a few mins before Assif calls the clock then shows pocket aces and folds saying "you can never be bluffing there" now Amir is sitting to this guys right and he is looking at me smiling and says show the bluff its good for the game...... so I did... Table goes nuts .... and leave 1 orbit later.

SO...... Amir has been re-raising 40% of the hands to 100 and was putting out a blind raise every once in a while to ensure his table image was horrible. ...... then this hand happened. He had straddled to 20 and got raised to 120. he called and there were 4 peeps to the flop. Flop comes 34J rainbow. one guy bets out 325 fold fold and Amir calls. turn is a 4. guy bets 800......Amir snap shoves all in guy snap calls for around 4000 and flips over Aces and says " ha ... I got you" Amir flips over 34....... table goes crazy river bricks. The guys that thought they were fishing ended up on the dinner table.

Just happy to keep my winning streak alive.

Comments

• Nice report, man I wish I had the bankroll to play this game.... My wife would kill me..